'05 V6/GT vs. GTR head lights

Z28x

Sep 19, 2003
Albany NY
One of the things I don't care for on the '05 Stang is the round head lights, they make the car look like it is sad. I think the GT-R lights are 10x better and make the car look a lot meaner. what do you guys think?

mst05_expopup_6.jpg

1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I agree--the GT-R headlights look much better. Unfortunately, I doubt they will ever make it to production.

I also think the "sad" look of the GT is heightened by the front bumper openings. Everything droops down at the edges, whereas the main front opening in the GT-R curves up -- making it look much more balanced and infinitely better IMHO.

91_4ourBanger said:
the round headlights kind of make it look like an old camaro...
Don't you mean an old mustang like the 65-66 ornearly any other 60's mustang. Yes the GT-R has a cool front end. But I think you would have to change some other aspects of the front end to get them to match. Like fenders and hood.

Rampant said:
I agree--the GT-R headlights look much better. Unfortunately, I doubt they will ever make it to production.

I also think the "sad" look of the GT is heightened by the front bumper openings. Everything droops down at the edges, whereas the main front opening in the GT-R curves up -- making it look much more balanced and infinitely better IMHO.

Very good goint, I never thought about it but the bumper cover opening is kind of "frowning". That is the only thing I don't like about the Shelby Cobra Concept, on that car the grill needs to be round like the old Shelbys.

That could be why I like the Concept front better, I also think painting it body color around the round head lights helps. http://www.simustang.org/images/2005_Mustang_coupe.jpg (I don't know the lady next to the car)

As for as getting the GTR headlights into production, I think it will happen. Eventually Ford will offer the new Stang with HIDs and the GTR seems like the perfect way to pull it off.

It's not the round headlights themselves that give the car that "sad" look, it is the shape of the headlight's housing. That downward slope combined with the large round lens. The front bumper doesn't help either. It looks like it is upset and baring its teeth. The sharper lines of the GTR gives it a much more aggressive look and the opening in the front bumper compliments the grill nicely. I hope someone releases a GTR body kit for the '05 Mustang.

My opinion is that I think we WILL see the GTR headlights and possibly the entire facia style, but that it should be reserved for a special version.

Just think back before this model. Most everyone was cool with how it was. But of course people tend to want rare. I say keep it rare....Special Edition only.

Rampant said:

i think that Ford would be crazy not to offer the body componenets found on the GT-R concept to the public once the 05s are cut loose.i mean honestly, if theres three things i could cary over from the GT-R to the 05 production model, it would be the headlights, the exhaust (they just look sexy to me) along with some sort of side molding to make it look right, and the stance that the GT-R has, (low to the ground, aero splitters in the front, big fat wheels all around, dead sexy man :D )

The 05 is like the 69 Mustang. When the 05s were shown, I thought they would change the front of the car and make it look like the 70 Mustang someday, which the GT R looks like. And I always favored the 1070 Mustang from the 69 Mustang. So, I hope they do the GTR front on one of the Mustangs production years.

yellow5.0cobra said:
GTR-40?

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

If you refuse to call it GTR, put some effort into the name and call it GT-50R

GT-base name
50-5.0liters
R-Racing
gtr-40 could also be used because it is the 40th anniversary of the mustang. Though I think People should just call it the gtr Since that is the name Ford gave it.