'05 V6/GT vs. GTR head lights

• Sponsors (?)

Am I the only one who thinks the GT-R looks absolutely hideous? :shrug: Bleh..I hate that thing. It looks like it was designed by the cast of "2 Fast 2 Furious". The carbon fiber hood, 20 inch wheels, and huge rear wing just don't cut it for me. :notnice: Anyone else here think Ford is trying to attract the import crowd with this concept? Seriously, they even have the GT-R badging!! :nonono: I NEVER thought I would see a "GT-R" badge on a factory Ford car, it's like my worst nightmare come true. :nonono:

I'm not sure if I love or hate those headlights though...I like the clean lines of the regular GT...anyone have a pic of that black Shelby '05?

I dunno, maybe it's the ugly orange/yellow paint...I think this thing would look alot better in black, or even Red. :shrug: And the lines of the car don't flow at all. There's just WAY to much stuff going on with that car. Too much crap on it. :D

yellow5.0cobra said:
GTR-40?

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

If you refuse to call it GTR, put some effort into the name and call it GT-50R

GT-base name
50-5.0liters
R-Racing

You do know the full name is gtr-40??????? go to google and type in gtr-40 and see how many returns you get.

So you don't like actual race cars? I mean yeah maybe the 20 inch wheels are a little large. But the wing is actually useful. And carbon fiber is more then just decorative. And why not try to attract the import crowd?
The fast and furious crew never built any racecars. They were all show and go very slow.

Not only that, it is a CONCEPT. For Pete's sake, it is SUPPOSED to be over-the-top. I am sorry to rant, but I am getting tired of all these rice-o-phobics bitching about a legitimate racing wing and a cf hood on a CONCEPT RACE car. Have you not read anything about it? Do you not know it is supposed to be a race car that resembles the old paint jobs/black hoods of racing MUSTANGS in the past? Are you that afraid of the import crowd? Please. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think it is infinitely more tasteful the the '00 Cobra R that made it into production, but no one seems to want to bash that car.
[/rant]

Rampant said:
Not only that, it is a CONCEPT. For Pete's sake, it is SUPPOSED to be over-the-top. I am sorry to rant, but I am getting tired of all these rice-o-phobics bitching about a legitimate racing wing and a cf hood on a CONCEPT RACE car. Have you not read anything about it? Do you not know it is supposed to be a race car that resembles the old paint jobs/black hoods of racing MUSTANGS in the past? Are you that afraid of the import crowd? Please. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think it is infinitely more tasteful the the '00 Cobra R that made it into production, but no one seems to want to bash that car.
[/rant]
I'm not afraid of the import crowd, it's just not my thing, I don't like it. I just don't like a huge carbon fiber wing or hood on my car. And the "dubs" don't do it for me either. I think the '00 Cobra R was WAY better than this GTR. The '00 R was just way cleaner looking. Everything was body color, and the lines of the car were beautiful, and the wheels were perfect. This GT-R is just a little excessive in my books, but it's a concept so I realize it's supposed to be excessive. The car is just too busy looking and gaudy. Too much going on. But then again, I've always been a fan of clean, sleeper looking cars.

Oh well, that's just me. :shrug:

notched86 said:
I'm not afraid of the import crowd, it's just not my thing, I don't like it. I just don't like a huge carbon fiber wing or hood on my car. The car is just too busy looking and gaudy. Too much going on. But then again, I've always been a fan of clean, sleeper looking cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the srt-4 have a fairly big wing on it? And it's far from what I or many other people would call a sleeper. I realize that it's not a rice car. But it isn't exactly a tame looking neon.

notched86 said:
I'm not afraid of the import crowd, it's just not my thing, I don't like it. I just don't like a huge carbon fiber wing or hood on my car. And the "dubs" don't do it for me either. I think the '00 Cobra R was WAY better than this GTR. The '00 R was just way cleaner looking. Everything was body color, and the lines of the car were beautiful, and the wheels were perfect. This GT-R is just a little excessive in my books, but it's a concept so I realize it's supposed to be excessive. The car is just too busy looking and gaudy. Too much going on. But then again, I've always been a fan of clean, sleeper looking cars.

I agree with you for the most part. I wouldn't buy one, because it's just not for me. I'd rather have a new Boss Mustang if & when Ford makes one. But all of those things that you say look bad on the GTR do have purpose.

The carbon fiber hood lowers weight in the front, therefore improving weight distribution. Carbon fiber hoods are also known to allow better cooling than a metal hood since it won't trap heat in the engine bay the same way.

The 20" wheels allow you to use a giant brake system which would have tons of stopping power and you'll probably never experience brake fade even during racing.

And of course the wing improves downforce. More downforce = Greater Traction = Better Lateral G numbers = A more effective race car

I am still in love with the original comcept car...

Attachments

• MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg
    MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 124
  • MustangGTCoupConcept06.jpg
    MustangGTCoupConcept06.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 129
hollant said:
I am still in love with the original comcept car...

I disagree. I think the production car is much better. The concept car had a sanitary 2048 robotic look. The production version looks like a real car that we would see on the road. From the first time I saw it, I realized it would never make it out in that form.

I am certain that the designers and product managers have left a ton of room for improvement. Compare the 1982 Gt with the 1993 Cobra, or the 1995 Mustang with the current Cobra or the 64 Mustang with the 68 or which ever you like. The production 05 is rather vanilla and I am sure that the later cars will push the envelope quite a bit more!

I figure by the 45th anniversary car we will be looking at a much more agressive and much better looking car. Hopefully something like the original concept!

falchulk said:
I disagree. I think the production car is much better. The concept car had a sanitary 2048 robotic look. The production version looks like a real car that we would see on the road. From the first time I saw it, I realized it would never make it out in that form.

:stupid:

Yeah, I also like the production version better. I hated the way the concepts looked in the front, and back. And yeah, there was just NO WAY Ford was going to build a car like that. People should've known that after seeing the Mach III concept, and what actually made it to production back when it came out.