05 V6 Unleaded To Super Unleaded?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by Queenlexii, May 24, 2013.

1. Queenlexii

Queenlexii Member

my hubby wants to put super unleaded in our stang, he said a friend of his said he got more miles out of the 91 octane so he wanted to try it with our car. However, i dont see anything beneficial in changing the gas in the car, and im wondering if it could have negative effects in the long run. we dont have any engine/performance mods (yet) everything is stock.
  2. Ranzo

Ranzo New Member

Nothing negative and nothing beneficial as far as I know without at the very least a tune for 91.
  3. echo7

echo7 Member

I would recommend a tune to go along with it. You will get a slight increase in mileage, but it won't make up for the extra cost. I only saw about a .5 - 1 mpg change at most.\

If you did somehow get 1 mpg better for a tank of gas, maybe 12 gallons worth, that's 12 miles. You paid an extra 12 x 40 cents (maybe more than 40) per gallon for it. That comes to $4.80 extra spent on the whole tank. $4.80 is worth probably 25-30 miles in regular gas.

4. Roanstang

Roanstang Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Your 4.0 motor won't see any, if you had the 3.7 the difference is 5-10 hp using 93 octane. It may help keep the internals
    cleaner.
  5. Queenlexii

Queenlexii Member

Thanks guys. That's the point I was trying to make to him.