05 vert caught on the street!

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 98GTfromGA, Mar 7, 2004.

1. WTF is this ...:nonono:

2. Where were these pics taken? Looks like AZ again. In fact that looks like the gas station over on Queen Creek and Price. These are some of the better vert pics I have seen, thanks! :nice:

3. Unfortuantely it looks just as fugly as the current verts do with the top up. I'd love to see a hardtop convertible Mustang some day.

Dave

4. my friend in AZ took them, he was on the way to firebird raceway

5. Great shots! :nice:

Clearly want to go wing delete on the vert...

6. In the first pic, is the guy waving to you or is he putting his hand up telling you not to take pictures?

7. I'm with you on this one. I would spend the extra 3-4k for a fully automatic hard top vert! I think many of us would. You can really tell the vert was an after thought on the '05. It's like Ford hired their top notch engineers to design the coupe and then sold out to the lowest bidders for the vert...

8. Yeah, but people who like verts drive with the top down (I'm always confused by people who drive verts with the top up on nice days). I wouldn't want the added weight, complexity or price of a hardtop convertible.

9. I'm not a convertable fan, it looks ok. I don't think they will ever make a retractable hardtop Mustang, it would be too expensive. That is one of the reasons the SSR cost so much.

I'd rather see a Targa top Mustang built. A targa top would look real hot on the '05 Stang

10. So are these the new production Bullitt wheels--ie polished? And are they 17s?

11. White with a black top is probably the ugliest color combo for a vert with the top up.

Am I the only one who noticed the price of gas!!! Glad I don't live there.

12. It's about time someone got some pics of the vert. Now I just need to see it with the top down. I definitely like the look of the coupe better, but with the top down on the vert...

Eric

13. Those of us who only get 6 months a year of viable convertible weather would love to see something that looked good with the top up :D. Even something like the 95 two-top Cobras. But I'd settle for a panoramic sunroof...

Dave

14. i second that

15. That's the best idea I've heard in a long time!

16. I love the bullit style wheels on that first one. I hope Ford makes a set available for the new stang, it would fit the style so much better!

Matt

17. guys,

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the first picture a hardtop???? 2 different cars, check the wheels 2. :shrug:

18. Thats what i was wondering when i saw that pic 2 lol

19. Amen!!