05 wheels on a fox...tire question

jmd2914

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2002
Napa, California
alright after two hours of reading old posts i think i have all my facts straight, if i missed something please let me know.
ok right nwo im running the svo/saleen brake set up with MM coilovers. now i know that if i sacrifice the centercapts i can run 05 wheels on the svo brakes.
my question is this, will a 17x7.5 or 17x8 05 wheel fit and clear the coilovers?
also what tire size do i have to run? because i know i have to swap to a differant size from the stock 05 tire size

sorry for yet another wheel/tire/brake question
just need some info

thanks all

Joel

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure on the coil over question, but i was able to put the 18 polished wheel on a 1986 coupe. I did run into an issue with the strut hitting the wheel, but i changed over to the 99 strut and gained the clearance needed to make it work. On the same car i used the sn95 spindle brake combo with cobra calipers, and the rear has the 1999 8.8. Wheels are flush with the fender lip, looks very good.

i could. i was using new edge bullets but had to remove the cap. i also tried a 3/4" spacer up front (it was slow95gt's) and was able to put the center cap back on but the wheels kinda stuck out. looked funny