06 gt Hesitation

Guys,

My dad has an 06 GT 5speed. He mentioned that within the last week the car will hesitate from a dead stop or when merging on the highway. I have an 02 and am not to familiar with the new stangs.

Are there any TSB's for this sort of problem? Anyone else run into this with there new stang?

He is running some fuel injector cleaner in it now but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any advice would be great.

The car is under warranty but we would like some info before we take it to the dealership.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Guys,

My dad has an 06 GT 5speed. He mentioned that within the last week the car will hesitate from a dead stop or when merging on the highway. I have an 02 and am not to familiar with the new stangs.

Are there any TSB's for this sort of problem? Anyone else run into this with there new stang?

He is running some fuel injector cleaner in it now but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any advice would be great.

The car is under warranty but we would like some info before we take it to the dealership.
Thanks!

do a search on coil packs. that could be problem

A guy I know had this happen on and off for a week. Until it got worse and his throttle stuck. I am waiting for him to get back to me with what Ford has to tell him. He has a 06 Vert GT Automatic

A guy I know had this happen on and off for a week. Until it got worse and his throttle stuck. I am waiting for him to get back to me with what Ford has to tell him. He has a 06 Vert GT Automatic

Yeah I would be interested to hear what he found out. I am taking my dad's car to the dealership this weekend. I will post up what I find out from them.

sounds like the fuel pump issue.mine does the same

It's a fuel pump issue, the description in the first post is almost word for word the problem fixed by the TSB. I had the TSB done last year for the same problem and it worked like a charm, took less than 1.5 hours to do it.

I can't recall the exact TSB but I "think" it's 6-9-06.

It's a fuel pump issue, the description in the first post is almost word for word the problem fixed by the TSB. I had the TSB done last year for the same problem and it worked like a charm, took less than 1.5 hours to do it.

I can't recall the exact TSB but I "think" it's 6-9-06.

I found the TSB. 6-9-9 that is the exact problem my dad's car is having. Thanks alot guys. We are going to take a copy of this TSB with us this weekend to the dealership.

Thanks!!!

if its a documented problem from before the warranty ran out, they should cover it again if you are not too far out of warranty. but if i remember, official_style, you have a ton of miles on your car, so you might be out of luck.

are you gonna upgrade the fuel pump, or go with another OEM replacement?

im sick of dealing with my dealer, since they fixed it once, they will say its because of the intake or headers or bla bla bla. i was thinking of maybe an aftermarket one? do they make direct drop in ones? one thing i am concerned about with aftermarket is if it will be really noisy. when i had my mx-3 and did the engine swap, i had to use an upgraded fuel pump, and it was pretty loud. what do you think?