06 GT or 03 Cobra convertible

pounder91gt

Jan 23, 2002
maryville, tn
I have an 06 vista blue Gt premium ordered. The dealership has gotten a white 03 Cobra convertible in on trade. It is a loaded 6speed car with 35k miles. The Gt is 29,000 and the Cobra is 27,000. Which one would you guys go with? I really like how the Cobras are holding their value, and the power of course, but that new Gt is beautiful. :shrug:

Thanks for any input

Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Most likely the dealer would take ~25K for the Cobra.........

Forged internals, 500 easy rwhp, SVT vehicle, T56, etc.........

Go with the Cobra, but hey what do I know ;)

pounder91gt said:
I have an 06 vista blue Gt premium ordered. The dealership has gotten a white 03 Cobra convertible in on trade. It is a loaded 6speed car with 35k miles. The Gt is 29,000 and the Cobra is 27,000. Which one would you guys go with? I really like how the Cobras are holding their value, and the power of course, but that new Gt is beautiful. :shrug:

Thanks for any input

Jeff

We all know the Cobra vert is going to be a fun car... We must use perspective.. The body style change is definatley going to drop the value of the 03-04 Cobra's once the 2006 new year has started and the blue books are updated.. Expect for the 03 Cobra to be around $22,500 retail value once the clock strikes 2006.. This will mean the cars will most likley go for about 16,500 to 17,000 on trade in perfect condition..

The inflated value of the cars currently will not last past 12AM Jan 1, 2006..

Make sure you get the 2006 GT.. Like I said the Cobras are awsome.. If they offered you a better price like 20-22,000 for the Cobra, you could consider it.. I would keep the promise to yourself on the 06GT..

You can thank me later.. :nice:

Thanks guys and thanks MSP. What you said made a lot of sense. I thought about the value possible dropping when the GT500 comes out but hadn't really thought about it dropping with the Gt's, makes sense though.

I'll will just have to wait for my baby.

Although, I know this dealer well enough, I think I get the Cobra for an overnight test drive! :nice:

pounder91gt said:
Well, I got this Cobra for a 2 day test drive. This thing is a beast! What a rush with that kind of power. Making me rethink this whole thing just a little.

LOL!!! I'm sorry man, but that was a foolish mistake.. LOL!! Of course the car is a beast... Thats why they let you drive it.. They know that the end of the year is coming, and they only have a few hours left to capitalize on the value of the car.. They are a very smart dealership, to allow you to keep the car.. Its gonna be hard to give it back.. Your peanuts are gonna demand you keep it.. The SVT Cobra's are full of testosterone. Lots of it leaks up into the driver seat and soaks through your pants, making you feel invincible.. LOL!! Flying to the moon is not a problem for you in that car huh?

I say enjoy the car while your 06GT is on order.. Then when its time to give it back, take a cold shower before you make the delivery to wash off the big-man juice, and let your wife drive it back to the dealership.. This way, you are thinking clearly at the time of the drop off, when they offer you the car for about 3G's less than the previous asking price.. :D Stay outta trouble!

Get the GT. Get the GT. Get the GT. Get the GT. Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.Get the GT.

pounder91gt said:
Well, I got this Cobra for a 2 day test drive. This thing is a beast! What a rush with that kind of power. Making me rethink this whole thing just a little.

think its a "beast" now........ LOL

just wait when you mod it, you aint seen nothing yet :banana: :banana:

I think he knows what is best to do longterm.. I think the 03-04 Cobra's are down right proper.. But in the end, only a man who is foolish and un-wise would choose one over an 06GT.. It would be the dumbest decision ever made.. Buy the old body style over the new one.. Ridiculous.. He knows whats best to do..

MSP said:
@romans8:28

Hey Romans! You have one of the nicest Cobra's on the board, and the fastest.. Whats your best 1/4 mile run with the power level you currently have in the car?

Thank you :nice:

My best runs in cool weather has been 11.7's @117/118, but on stock F1's!