06 Mazdaspeed 6 Vs 08 Mustang V6

dustin.wolf

Sep 9, 2009
im gonna race my friend with a stock 06 mazdaspeed 6 auto transmission.
ive got a 08 mustang V6 auto transmission with dual exhaust and a cold air intake also made it positraction so im not just peeling out the whole time at the start.

He things he can beat me but im not really sure i just wanna have an idea on who might win.

• Sponsors (?)

The Mazda will probably have you by a length or two to 60 (from dig), and the lead may grow to 2-3 cars at 80-90. Please try this at a track though. Most street racers race like this and keep it pinned past 90 thinking once in the 100's they'll pass their opponent. Problem is you're on a public street and a 5 star crash rating can't help at that speed. Let us know how your race at the TRACK goes.

I think it would be a drivers race. A manual mazda 6s is good for a 0-60 in mid to high 6s and 1/4 mile in high 14s with an excellent driver to mid 15s. I believe the 6s auto is a little slower-1/4 around 15.5. I did own a 03 Mazda 6s. Quick car once you reached 30 MPH. The throttle response was lousy on that car.

the Mazdaspeed6 was not offered with an auto transmission. It only came with a 6-speed and all wheel drive. 285 hp will dust you if it is really a speed6. If it is an auto and a six cyl it still has 220hp and should be pretty quick. Test drove 3 speed6's before I bought my 07GT. Really liked them.