06 mustang tuning deep dish offset WRONG

PanhandleGT

Sep 25, 2005
Just purchased set of deep dish bullitts from MT and rear offset is wrong. Had to purchase additional 1/4 spacers to clear brakes in addition to the two that come with the wheels for the front. Wish they would have told me.... Anyways, just a warning to all you 06ers looking at the same. Also, is it common for the rims to get hot as hell after 30 minutes of driving??? Is it the friction created by the spacers or is this common. Freakin MT....

• Sponsors (?)

I came real close to buying the deep dish rims from them. Just did not have a good feeling about the Spacers. I read on a forum somewhere maybe here that ford is using a couple of different caliper makers for the 06 and the size of the calipers may vary from the 05. So maybe thats why you are having problems.

That seems so cheap that they are just 'going with it' and not creating a new wheel with the proper backspacing to fit without the use of a spacer. They will probably be fine though.

1/4 is about the limit for a SPACER, an ADAPTER can got out to 1.5 inches safely. The difference is the adapter has it's own set of lugs, a spacer just slips onto the existing ones.

Also, it is quite normal for the wheels to be hot, they are directly connected with the brakes and soak up a lot of heat that way.

nbk13nw said:
Others are running the DD sets 9's and 10's and not having any fitment issues in the rear. Are you running upgraded brakes in the rear?

There are some variances in the caliper dimensions on the '06s compared to the '05s since Ford is reportedly using three different vendors to meet supply demands.

RandyB said:
That seems so cheap that they are just 'going with it' and not creating a new wheel with the proper backspacing to fit without the use of a spacer. They will probably be fine though.

Actually, last time I checked the manufacturer WAS retooling the fronts, so if you have an '05 GT the new product will fit without spacers, whenever the new version comes out. However, with this new news about the different calipers on the rear...who knows, they may just put the retooling on hold entirely.

PanhandleGT said:
Just purchased set of deep dish bullitts from MT and rear offset is wrong. Had to purchase additional 1/4 spacers to clear brakes in addition to the two that come with the wheels for the front. Wish they would have told me.... Anyways, just a warning to all you 06ers looking at the same. Also, is it common for the rims to get hot as hell after 30 minutes of driving??? Is it the friction created by the spacers or is this common. Freakin MT....

Hit me up with an e-mail on [email protected]. Let me know how much you had to pay for those rear spacers. Ill get you back for that cost. We are covering the cost of the spacers after all, front or rear..

Is it true that Ford is using different caliper manufacturers for the 06 models? If they are im kinda scared with the clearance issues.

The manufacturer, from what I know, is doing a retooling of the wheels. We dont make them, we just sell them. We alerted the manufacturer (Verde/Topline wheels) to the problem and last I heard they are working on a wheel with the correct offset, however, I dont have any word as to when that might be coming out. Ill keep you posted if I hear anything new.

Is the spacing spose to be the same as the 05's? Or should we be looking for a different offset? This is good info concidering Im getting my 06 soon and was thinking of getting these dd rims but guess ill wait to see how things pan out for the tooling and everything.