07 Cobra information, specs/prices/due date

Rootus said:
I wonder the same thing. When all we had were naturally aspirated Mustangs, everyone added boost to get their power craving satisfied. Now that we have factory boost, it is suddenly a bad thing?

It's called jealousy.

Case in point:
Go over to LS2.com and mention the 03 Cobra. You'll hear at least one idiot rip on the fact that "Ford needed to slap a blower on the Mustang jsut to beat f-bodies". But then anytime somone talks about GN's or TTA's, they all bust a nut in thier pants over it.

Jealousy.

• Sponsors (?)

This is really funny. A while back there was a thread about rumors that the '07 Cobra would be normally aspirated. Go find that thread and read ALL the whining from Cobra owners and wanna bees that if the '07 didn't have a blower they weren't going to buy. :rlaugh:

You listed three nice engines. The two V12's make peak torque at 5500 and 5400 RPM respectively. The V10 makes it at 4200 RPM. The V10, weighing in with 8.3 liters of displacement, comes closest to delivering what I want. Too bad it's stuck in an $80k car.

So I think I have made my point -- it is next to impossible to get similar performance with a naturally aspirated motor to what we have right now with the current 4.6L SC. It's easy to throw peak numbers around, but what I want is stump pulling torque off the line, right where I can actually use it.

Dave

kirkyg said:
Here's what I dont' get. How are they going to get around the long stroke on the 5.4L and makes those engines rev?

kirkyg
I have a good friend that has a 5.4L DOHC in his 97 Cobra. He spins it to 7500+. Stock stroke and bore (.020 over). Car runs 10.2's @ 132+ mph weighing 3350 lbs.

They'll rev.

Bob Cosby said:
I have a good friend that has a 5.4L DOHC in his 97 Cobra. He spins it to 7500+. Stock stroke and bore (.020 over). Car runs 10.2's @ 132+ mph weighing 3350 lbs.

They'll rev.

I can't wait to see how fast he goes with the new one. I saw that 'mountain of aluminum' in a pic posted on the MD forum. Some of those parts are quite rare - he must be well connected. :)

Your car is just as impressive to me, along with your driving of course. Are you going to leave the new one stock for a while, or have you already started fiddling with it?

351CJ said:
What about the ZF 6 speed auto trannie that is used by Jaguar and in the 2005 Navigator? It's possible that is the "truck" trannie he was referring to. It obviously will fit in the Mustang because it fits in the Jag S-type and it can handle at least 400 lb ft.

Well, he said 5spd auto, not 6spd, and it also said tranny used in superduty, which is the 5R110. I have no idea about the ZF tranny or how big it is, but I am telling you the the trans tunnel on the mustang is very small, the 5R55S barely fits and it is pretty small.

anyone else notice the claim that the new cobra would pull over 1G??? im gonna go out on a limb here and call :bs: somehow i dont think the cobra is gonna be able to out handle an enzo. seems too good to be true, sounds like hes telling us what we want to here, but i hope im wrong

jasonlee0704 said:
Well, the latest issue of Motor Trend also says the next Cobra is well into development with a s/c'ed 5.4L. It also said SVT's goal is right around 500 HP.

They also said the 05 GT was suppose to have 400 hp and it only came out with 300hp so Id be looking for a ballpark figure of 400-450 hp for the new SVT.

Stang2k5 said:
They also said the 05 GT was suppose to have 400 hp and it only came out with 300hp so Id be looking for a ballpark figure of 400-450 hp for the new SVT.

No reliable source has said the regular GT would have anywhere NEAR 400hp...it never will.

kirkyg

spikeGT_99 said:
anyone else notice the claim that the new cobra would pull over 1G??? im gonna go out on a limb here and call :bs: somehow i dont think the cobra is gonna be able to out handle an enzo. seems too good to be true, sounds like hes telling us what we want to here, but i hope im wrong

You're probably right, but didn't the 2000 Cobra R pull 1G on the skid pad? I know the R is a thinly disguised race car, but still, if it is possible with an SN95 chassis why wouldn't it be possible with the new platform which as we all know is far superior.

**Has flashbacks of waiting for confirmation of the 05 GT rumors**

But that is some wonderful stuff...especially the news about the Hurricane. Wonder just what application would that become if they are planning a supercharged 5.4 for the Cobra and a N/A 5.4 for the Mach.

Can't wait for the Hurricane motor...give Chevy and Mopar fans a taste of their own excessive cubes.