07 GT auto, starting mods??

Nosfurato

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Indiana
A good friend of mine recently purchased an 07 GT, 5 spd auto.. bone stock drivetrain wise. My question is, what is the best place to start on these cars? She has been asking me for a while, ive mentioned the usual.. gears.. exhaust.. things like that. But, beyond that. whats next?

Im not really looking for the "heads'n intake..cam" type deal.. just, how much can she do for how little bassicly. She's a full time student, that works full time, and its her only car. so, downtime (more than a few hours) isnt an option.

I mean, as far as I know, its stock. down to the air filter!!

Any input would be great guys..

Will.

• Sponsors (?)

CAI and Tune, after that it will be a price/performance choice. The tune is what really wakes the S197 motor up.

+1000!!!!!The tune really makes a world of difference for the auto, not just the motor. It provides very positive shifts.
Changing mufflers on these cars is 99% about sound. The stock ones flow very well. What kind of ride is she looking for? Fast as she can go, awesome handling or just having a bit more pep and looking good?

A good friend of mine recently purchased an 07 GT, 5 spd auto.. bone stock drivetrain wise. My question is, what is the best place to start on these cars?

1) Bamachips tune, the race tune is awesome.

2) Exhaust if you want a throatier sound and a little more hp. I went with Corsa axel-backs and I am happy with them.

3) A CAI--JLT or C&L are probably the best.

If you do any of these mods, get the tune last.

An appearance mod I would do is the honeycomb rear panel from Silver Horse Racing.

Why would you suggest such a thing:shrug: :shrug:

DSC03851.jpg

:D :D :D

Attachments

• DSC03851.jpg
    DSC03851.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the input guys!! :)

as far as I know, she's not looking for massive performance, She mentioned a little more growl, I told her to look for either an H or an X pipe. Will a cat-less pipe be overkill for stock muffs on these cars?

Im pretty much ignorant about the newer mustangs, so, I dont want to send her down a path that wont benefit her.

A good solid stepping stone, that would be great. wich Is why I recomended the usual gears n' exhaust thing.

Ohh, question,.. if you change the gears, do you have to have a chip, or a flash done to the car? And the same goes for the exhaust,.. if we get her into a cat-less deal.. is the computer going to freak out because of it?

So, at most, right now.. I think she would be looking at gears, and/or exhaust. so, for right now, I could set her on a path starting with the "sound" that she wants, get her into a set of gears, and a tuner?

What about things like underdrive pulleys for the newer stangs?

I know, i'll get her setup with with gears, exhaust, underdrives, some form of tuner, and a 100 horse shot of the giggly.. :) lol that should keep her happy for a while!!

Ohh, and on that note, how strong are the 5 spd auto's??

Sorry to ask so much, but like I said before.. I know bupkiss about the newer stangs!

Thanks again guys :)

Will.