'07 GT Final Drive Ratio

R.A.F.A.L.E.

Aug 13, 2006
I thought the final drive ratio was 3.55 with manual trans on the Mustang GT.

Now there's something confusing (at least to me) about the 2007 GT. On their "Build-Your-Own" website, Ford now seems to offer the 3.55 drive ratio as a $100 option. So what's going on. What's the factory final drive ratio defaulting to now if it's not 3.55? Anyone has a clue?

• Sponsors (?)

The earlier GT's had the 3.55's standard with manual transmissions and 3.31's on the automatics. They recently changed that. Some say it's do to the rising fuel costs. If you are going to order one you may want to consider leaving the standard gears on your order and just installing 4.10's later. They are the sweet gears for the GT's. Mine's blown (11lbs) and I'm averaging 17mpg highway.

anthony05gt said:
The earlier GT's had the 3.55's standard with manual transmissions and 3.31's on the automatics. They recently changed that. Some say it's do to the rising fuel costs. If you are going to order one you may want to consider leaving the standard gears on your order and just installing 4.10's later. They are the sweet gears for the GT's. Mine's blown (11lbs) and I'm averaging 17mpg highway.

Ok thanks, so they changed the standard ratio from 3.55 for the 2007 line. But where does this leave us at then?

aye I paid the 100 bucks for the 3.55's, but I will have to stick with them until after the warranty is up anyways. So, I just figured what the hell I might as well since I have to be as happy as possible in stock form.

traffic142 said:
What about the GTCS? what are they ordered with?

Does anyone have the code for it?

Same thing. The GT/CS is a premium GT with a CS kit on it. You'll still have to add the 3.55:1 ratio if you want it on. I don't have the code handy sorry but it would take your dealer a heartbeat to find it.