07 GT hp upgrades

slitherin' 03

Aug 25, 2005
Hey guys: I have an 03 Cobra but my question is concerning my mom's boyfriends 07 vert.

He pretty much has an unlimited budget (must be nice) and he wants me to go all out on this thing. I almost have him talked into a supercharger, but at the moment it is on hold. Gonna do suspension work too but the motor work is where the questions are.

So besides the obvious CAI and exhaust what are other options for hp gain on this motor? Underdrive pullies, tb and a tune? Any others. Any opinions on where to buy this stuff online OTHER THAN RPM OUTLET CAUSE THEY SUCK!:ban:

Thanks for the input!

• Sponsors (?)

If he has an unlimited budget then I would go with a good iron block and forged internals. From what I understand is that these motors (Stock block and bottom end) can take are 500RWHP with the right tuning. You should get him to turbo that car, I have seen a few vids of these cars turboed and it is awesome. For prgrammers I would go with SCT X-CAL 2 or the Predator, but prefer SCT X-cal 2. Check the current mods in my sig and I would have to say that it really woke the car up, they really benifit from the a good tune. There are many mixed review on the throttle bodies on these cars. If you were to get an aftermarket throttle body then go with BBK, I once had an LFP throttle body and the thing was a POS. Most tuners have talked will say that the throttle body on these cars is no worth it. But I did gain approx 10hp and 12 torq. It also picked up some power in the whole RPM range. As far as exhaust is concerned axlebacks are only for sound. I had flowmaster and it sounded nice until I installed the JBA LT headers and the O/R H-pipe. Then it had a lot resonance between 2400-2900 RPM. So I changed back to the stock mufflers and it sounds nice. No lost in power at all that car actually feels like it has better low end torque. For intakes I would go with C&L or JLT. With tuning for right now get a canned tune from Brenspeed or Bamachips. Then we you go forced induction get a custom tune. I sure that you know that seeing how you have an 03 Cobra(Badass ride). I was looking at those but I wanted something new, so I knew how it gets driven and mantained. Maybe I will pick one up one day. Since I am on a budget I am saving for a better block and internals. Then I will be putting a procharger on mine. I feel that if you are going to make a fast car then you better do it right. Not to say that just puting a supercharger on these cars with a stock block it wrong, it's just I would like to have insurance and peace of mind making a lot of power and hammering down on it. There are several places to get the intakes and the exhaust. Most places have good deals on packages. Underdrive pulleys, most have said that they are really worth though I don't have them, I soon will. I would also go with a 4.10 gearset if manual (N/A) and a 3.73 if automatic(N/A). If forced induction I would go with 3.55 auto and 3.73 manual. Maybe even leave the stock gears in it. But there are many who have a Forced induction and 4.10s on a manual.

www.brenspeed.com
www.bamachips.com
www.sctflash.com
http://www.cnlperformance.com/

GT500s are sweet but heavy and overpriced. Though I saw that vid from evolution performance running 9s with no that many mods. It would have been nice for the car to go for low 40's.