'07 Mustang Shaker 500 Replacement

DryvBy

Mar 7, 2011
I can't find a forum anywhere that has a straight answer on what's truly needed. Everytime I read a forum, I learn something new that needs to be done. So let me just explain a run down of everything I'm wanting to do, and please, help me!

I'm replacing my Shaker 500 system with a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD 7" In-Dash Double-DIN DVD AV Receiver. Eventually, I'm adding 2 12" subs to the back with a mono D amp. What I want to happen is I want to install that Pioneer unit and have all of my speakers work with it (including the crappy Shaker subs), and still have the ability to add the other 2 subs later. So, here's where I get lost.

Wiring Harness: I've heard you need to get the Clutchfield PAC wiring harness, such as the PAC C2R-FRD1. But then I've heard people say you can just use one like the Scosche FDK11B. What's the difference between these two, outside of the price? What's the thing included with the PAC? And last, is there anything else I need if I buy just the Scosche or the PAC, as in ANYTHING else or do these wiring things do the trick?

Shaker Door Sub Replacement: I also plan on replacing my door subs with a Kicker Mid system. When looking into this, I heard that you need to replace some kind offactory stereo amp to get much more power out of the subs. What type of amp do I need to replace this with? And can I get an example?

I guess overall, is there a bullet list of everything that I need to do and what I need? My Cobalt was so much easier to replace this junk

• Sponsors (?)

Read this thread:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/736028-pioneer-avic-d3-installation-write-up.html

Installation of your AVH-P4300DVD will be basically the same. The only different thing from a standard stereo install is the need to use a 5 volt regulator on the amplifier trigger wire, since the factory shaker 500 amps use a 5 volt trigger.

As far as replacing the subs, you should replace the factory amps with an amp that is matched to the speakers that you are installing.

I replaced my Shaker 1000 head unit with a Sony UI930I because it plays my Ipod and has upgraded features that I use frequently...

Upgrades all the speakers in the cat with Infinity w/crossover resistors...

Since the car allready had whoppers in the trunk, I did not replace these speakers by the installer had to use some kind of resister at the radio level to get the whoppers to power up...

Yes, you will need the crutchfield wiring harness which makes it possible to hook up an aftermarket radio into our systems...

After work was completed, YOU CAN'T IMAGINE THE BETTER SOUND!!!

I waited almost five years to replace my crappy Shaker 1000 radio and after hearing the new sounds coming from the Sony UI930I, I couldn't believe my ears...

WOW!!!

Best of Luck, Dave