07 Mustang Stock Spoiler - Deck Lid Flush or Pedestal Mount?

Jenns01TA

Mar 31, 2005
So at the dealership they had a boat load of 07s. Two body changes immediatley noted: Non-functional hood scoop and Spoiler design/mounting.

What mounting design do you prefer?

I am a pedestal mount gal. Not to the degree of the Cobra-R. But I liked the spoiler after the 99 and up to 04. If the spoiler is flush, I prefer the wrap flush mount like that on the 88-89 FB GT and the 05 Roush Stage 2. The spoiler on the Saleen S281 I saw at the dealership is a little big and looks like something I could jump in and paddle out of flood in.

• Sponsors (?)

The S281s looks a lot better without the spoiler. We used to get complaints at the dealership cause they were too heavy for the trunk to open properly. I'm buying the Shelby Gt500 spoiler and I can't decide beween the GT500 wheels or 18x10 Black bullits

Jenns05Stang said:
So at the dealership they had a boat load of 07s. Two body changes immediatley noted: Non-functional hood scoop and Spoiler design/mounting.

What mounting design do you prefer?

I am a pedestal mount gal. Not to the degree of the Cobra-R. But I liked the spoiler after the 99 and up to 04. If the spoiler is flush, I prefer the wrap flush mount like that on the 88-89 FB GT and the 05 Roush Stage 2. The spoiler on the Saleen S281 I saw at the dealership is a little big and looks like something I could jump in and paddle out of flood in.
Must...........get............mind........out........of...........gutter. :p

On a serious note, I seek to compromise form and function. My personal favorite: 1995 Saleen spoiler for the SN-95 platform. My favorite for the S197 platform thus far is this one.