07 Mustang V6 vs 07 Civic Si

• Sponsors (?)

2007 Mustang V6 5-spd

210hp@5300

240ft-lbs@3500

Curb weight 3300lbs

2005 Ford Mustang V-6 6.9 15.3 (C&D Feb 05)

2007 Honda Civic Si 6-spd

197@7800

139@6100

Curb weight 2945lbs

2006 Honda Civic SI 7.2 15.1 (Edmonds)

Looks pretty close to me. I would say it's a drivers race.

2007 Mustang V6 5-spd

210hp@5300

240ft-lbs@3500

Curb weight 3300lbs

2005 Ford Mustang V-6 6.9 15.3 (C&D Feb 05)

2007 Honda Civic Si 6-spd

197@7800

139@6100

Curb weight 2945lbs

2006 Honda Civic SI 7.2 15.1 (Edmonds)

Looks pretty close to me. I would say it's a drivers race.

Yeah! I'm kinda considering between these two cars... hard decision!

Can anyone point out the differences, why would I buy mustang v6 over civic si?

Depends on your tastes... Do you want FWD or RWD? Do you like the Mustang or the Civic more? the Civic might be more refined and get better gas mileage - but a Mustang is a little bigger and might have a better following in the aftermarket?

Of course you are asking this on a board full of Mustang guys so I'm pretty sure I know the answer to your question.

I'd say stay away from the stang unless you plan on getting the v8. Unless you are totally into it and do not care what anyone thinks ( but then you wouldn't be asking for opinions then) but atleast out here in so fla you wont get any respect from other stangers, unless you're a chick. But its what ever you want man

... its what ever you want man

After all, you're the one making payments on it. I know I was looking at getting the more practical Ford 500, but while the 0/72 was being offered I was now looking at the new GTs. Asked myself this question...after 6 months or so paying for the 500 would I still be truely happy with that over the very nonpractical GT?????? Having owned 3 V8 Mustangs in the past, my answer was NO!!!!! I got the '06 GT. So I would use that question as your guide. Research and see what you can afford to do mod wise to each and what your plans are with the car and go from there.

You know given the choice between ONLY a V6 Mustang and a Civic Si I think I would go with the Si.

However, since you asked, the biggest reason I would get the Mustang V6 over the Si is purely based on looks. The mustang is just a much better looking car.

Do you plan on modding your car? As others have said, the V6 probably has a larger aftermarket, or at least a cheaper one.

Though if you do get the Civic just don't become a ricer and think you have a super fast car.

the Civic Si is a pretty fun little car. My girlfriend just picked up a 07 4 door and the damn thing is surprisingly fast. It's guttless off the line, but once you get it above 6000 rpm the damn thing doesn't stop pulling. I bet on anywhere other then a dead stop it will kill the v-6. The gas mileage is okay but the seats are a little to narrow for my taste. I love the sound system and the other ammenities though. Very nice car for the money.

My girlfriend just picked up a 07 4 door and the damn thing is surprisingly fast. It's guttless off the line, but once you get it above 6000 rpm the damn thing doesn't stop pulling. I bet on anywhere other then a dead stop it will kill the v-6. The gas mileage is okay but the seats are a little to narrow for my taste. I love the sound system and the other ammenities though. Very nice car for the money.

chick car dude

My boss at work just picked up an '07 4 door. It is midnight black and looks pretty sharp. He let me drive it, I'll say it is gutless off the line but the higher RPM's is where it's at. His has the DVD navigation system which is pretty sweet.

He was looking at Si and some Nissan, forget what what it was, anyway he said it was no comparison and got the Si. He said the only drawback to the Si was that it must take premium fuel.

He just bought a "K-Chip?" .. I think that's what it is, he wants to race me, he said it feels way faster than his old camaro; and that he could beat 'Stang with his old car. I told him the only way I'll race him is if he pays for the gas I'll waste and if we have a bunch of his employees watching...... he still hasn't got back to me.

My boss at work just picked up an '07 4 door. It is midnight black and looks pretty sharp. He let me drive it, I'll say it is gutless off the line but the higher RPM's is where it's at. His has the DVD navigation system which is pretty sweet.

He was looking at Si and some Nissan, forget what what it was, anyway he said it was no comparison and got the Si. He said the only drawback to the Si was that it must take premium fuel.

He just bought a "K-Chip?" .. I think that's what it is, he wants to race me, he said it feels way faster than his old camaro; and that he could beat 'Stang with his old car. I told him the only way I'll race him is if he pays for the gas I'll waste and if we have a bunch of his employees watching...... he still hasn't got back to me.

Was his camaro a 305? Isn't the 2 door si like a high 15 second car? And he wants to race you?:shrug: That little K-chip must either come with some boost or a crack rock, cause that is the only rational explanation for such a bizarre comment

Was his camaro a 305? Isn't the 2 door si like a high 15 second car? And he wants to race you?:shrug: That little K-chip must either come with some boost or a crack rock, cause that is the only rational explanation for such a bizarre comment

Yeah "old camaro" is a pretty vague term. His "old camaro" could have been a1985 Camaro Berlinetta with a 2.8L V6 that ran 17s in the 1/4 mile.

According to edmunds, and as posted earlier, the new Si pulled a 15.1 in the quarter. A chip could get it down a few tenths I suppose and make it a high 14 second car. I still think a 14 second car is fairly quick, and it would certainly blow the doors off of that 85 Camaro V6 I mentioned.

Yeah "old camaro" is a pretty vague term. His "old camaro" could have been a1985 Camaro Berlinetta with a 2.8L V6 that ran 17s in the 1/4 mile.

According to edmunds, and as posted earlier, the new Si pulled a 15.1 in the quarter. A chip could get it down a few tenths I suppose and make it a high 14 second car. I still think a 14 second car is fairly quick, and it would certainly blow the doors off of that 85 Camaro V6 I mentioned.

Did edmunds say that about the 2 door or 4 door Si, cause I cant see the 4 door breaking 14's without heavy mods. Any car thats running 14's is pretty quick especially when comparing it to old school running 16+

Good call, I wasn't paying close enough attention to what you were getting at.
I didn't find anything about the 4 door at edmunds, except that the 4 door weighs only 65lbs more than the coupe.

The extra weight would of course slow it down. Eventhough 65lbs isn't much, 65lbs added to a lighter car makes a bigger difference than 65lbs added to a heavier car.

Good call, I wasn't paying close enough attention to what you were getting at.
I didn't find anything about the 4 door at edmunds, except that the 4 door weighs only 65lbs more than the coupe.

The extra weight would of course slow it down. Eventhough 65lbs isn't much, 65lbs added to a lighter car makes a bigger difference than 65lbs added to a heavier car.

Wow, only 65 lbs, geesh I woulda figured more

I have read that the V6 has forged internals so it can be pushed quite a bit without as much danger as the 4.6L-V8 (weigh in guys if my memory is clouded). So i would look at what you can gather from forced induction or a turbo system on the V6. Seems like i remember a guy with a 6 on a thread a few months ago that was sick fast with a turbo that would walk on my stock GT. I wonder if it would not corner better than my sled as it's likely to have better weight distribution. Plus you would be buying an american car that will get you more play with the ladies than would a Honda.