07 Mustang V6 vs 07 Civic Si

I was looking at the SI for my wife, but availability was a problem in Columbus and when they did get one in dealing below invoice was not in the picture. I was going to buy the EX or I would have bought a 06 V6 with rebates and negotiating the price.

• Sponsors (?)

2007 Mustang V6 5-spd

210hp@5300
240ft-lbs@3500
Curb weight 3300lbs
2005 Ford Mustang V-6 6.9 15.3 (C&D Feb 05)

2007 Honda Civic Si 6-spd
197@7800
139@6100
Curb weight 2945lbs
2006 Honda Civic SI 7.2 15.1 (Edmonds)

Looks pretty close to me. I would say it's a drivers race.

This is a perfect example of engineering and technological differences that yield very close results from totally different platforms.

You are correct that it is a driver' race. No matter the end 1/4 mile time, if I am sitting "at the tree" for a grudge match and I power brake my V-6 and have a reaction time under.1 then I have the Si hands down. My delivery of TQ and HP are at the lower to mid range where the Si is mid to high. As long as my jump off the line pulls at least 2 car lengths on the Si, I have the win at finish.

Physics would tell us that the Si will need to nearly double the mid to high end TQ/HP with a 2 length pull to make up the deficiency to win. True said in that we can't look at stock-to-stock numbers. DRIVER's RACE.

I have been looking into the 1994-2001 Acura Integras lately. I am considering picking one up. The ease of modification on these little ricers and available aftermarket products is enticing. Different technology - different crowd - Apples and Oranges in comparison. Both deserving of respect from true modification engineers. :nice:

I'd say stay away from the stang unless you plan on getting the v8. Unless you are totally into it and do not care what anyone thinks ( but then you wouldn't be asking for opinions then) but atleast out here in so fla you wont get any respect from other stangers, unless you're a chick. But its what ever you want man

We forgot to mention base price in this comparison - For the Si it is $21,000+.

The comment concerning you won't get any respect from other stangers unless you are a chick deserves a slap down as respectfully as I can.

My V-6 can spank ass on most stock 1998 GTs sport, so don't get so stout on your comment concerning respect. Do the research before you comment. Ignorance breads false opinion - Knowledge will broaden your comment horizon. Check the specs on the 98 GT and compare them to the S197 V-6 and consider the ignorance of your statement and belief.

For about the same dollar cost difference between the base model V-6 and the base model Si, we can do this to the V-6 platform:

Just have a little conversation with Rygen about his "ladies mustang" :rlaugh:
278 RWHP / 362 RWTQ (DynoJet)
Mason Dixon Dragway
[email protected] (on pnero stock street tires)

320 RWHP / 371 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)
Cecil County Dragway
12.4@109

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=678977

http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6397943&postcount=1

Carroll Shelby "Horsepower Sells Cars. Torque Wins Races."

This is a perfect example of engineering and technological differences that yield very close results from totally different platforms.

Physics would tell us that the Si will need to nearly double the mid to high end TQ/HP with a 2 length pull to make up the deficiency to win. True said in that we can't look at stock-to-stock numbers. DRIVER's RACE.

I have been looking into the 1994-2001 Acura Integras lately. I am considering picking one up. The ease of modification on these little ricers and available aftermarket products is enticing. Different technology - different crowd - Apples and Oranges in comparison. Both deserving of respect from true modification engineers. :nice:

I think your statement makes a good point, and I also think it illustrates the importance of torque and how it develops the power band.

Bench racing has shown us the Mustang V6 is nearly identical to the Civic Si in terms of stock acceleration. While the V6 stang does, in fact, make 13 more peak horsepower than the Si, it also weighs 472 pounds more than the Si! FWIW I've read the V6 weighs in at 3352 lbs, and the Si coupe weighs 2880 lbs.

In the broadest of terms, the extra weight of the V6 stang is made up by the broader power band that the extra 99 ft-lbs of torque develops. This match in acceleration is also despite the fact the Si also comes with a very steep 4.77:1 final drive ratio from the factory over the V6s 3.31:1.

Other factors like the RWD vs FWD certainly come into play, but I think this is also a good example of why torque rules. Like you said, if the V6s gets that jump off the line, the Si probably would never be able to make up the difference.

For about the same dollar cost difference between the base model V-6 and the base model Si, we can do this to the V-6 platform

Unless I am not reading your post right I have to disagree. The national base price of the Mustang V6 is $19,250 MSRP and the Civic Si is $21,090 MSRP.

That is only an $1840 difference. That will get you some bolt-ons and/or maybe a basic nitrous set up. Admittedly, a well-spent $1840 will allow the V6 to destroy the Si which is your overall point, but $1840 isn't close to what Rygen spent to get those numbers you posted. Except maybe the 278 RWHP / 362 RWTQ figures. Though to get the 13.6@99 I believe he also did a lot of supporting modes like gear swaps, differential work, suspention work, and that adds up quick if you aren't doing your own installation.

Rygen's suggested packages from his thread were well over $1840:

• 13 second Nitrous Rig on streets: $3680.00
• 13 second Turbo Rig on streets: $7680.00
• 13 second SC Rig on streets: $6680.00

The comment concerning you won't get any respect from other stangers unless you are a chick deserves a slap down as respectfully as I can.

My V-6 can spank ass on most stock 1998 GTs sport, so don't get so stout on your comment concerning respect. Do the research before you comment. Ignorance breads false opinion - Knowledge will broaden your comment horizon. Check the specs on the 98 GT and compare them to the S197 V-6 and consider the ignorance of your statement and belief.

For about the same dollar cost difference between the base model V-6 and the base model Si, we can do this to the V-6 platform:

Just have a little conversation with Rygen about his "ladies mustang" :rlaugh:
278 RWHP / 362 RWTQ (DynoJet)
Mason Dixon Dragway
[email protected] (on pnero stock street tires)

320 RWHP / 371 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno)
Cecil County Dragway
12.4@109

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=678977

http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6397943&postcount=1

Carroll Shelby "Horsepower Sells Cars. Torque Wins Races."

Ok, any car that is fast I respect, but there are a lot of people out here in so fla that would not respect a v6 because it is not a v8 plus look at all the effort you would have to put into it to get it to run with an older model v8, as you just pointed out. Now if $ is a concearn than you got to do what you got to do. But you can not denny the fact that people out there just do not respect that kind of car. Nothing personal and if you read my comment correctly I said there would be people that would look down on a thing like that, I also said if he didn't care than go for it.

How would 07 Mustang V6 will compete with the new 07 Civic Si?

Both Stock!

What u guys think?

Can Mustang V6 (5 speed) can beat Civic Si (6 speed & Redline of 9000rpm)?

:D :D :D

Ok well I'll point out the obvious, everyone or every site has a different estimated time for the two cars. For instance: http://www.modernracer.com/fordmustangv6.html
http://www.modernracer.com/hondacivicsi2006.html

Wow, different times.

Here's the deal, the mustang is built from the factory at the lowest form of power and handling, because they know there's an aftermarket and Ford leeches off of that. 3:55 stock to 4:10's, the gearing that is so easy and cheap to swap out can drop your ET by .5, whereas you can't do with the civic si since they maxed it out from the factory.

There are tons of other differences but the whole point is you can't compare Apples to Oranges.

I couldn't get those websites to come up maybe they are down for maintenance at this time. :shrug:

No matter, building on what you said the Mustang V6 is the base model of the Mustang line up. Conversely, the Civic Si is the premier top-of-the-line Civic. So naturally the Si will have just about all the potential squeezed out of it. That is except for the Civic Type-R, but that isn't available in the US. So there is that consideration as well.

Eventhough the Civic Si generally compares and competes with cars like the Cobalt SS, VW Golf GTi, Mini Cooper S etc, I still think the Si offers a decent comparison to the Mustang V6 because they are both coupes with similar MSRPs with a budget performance flavor to them.

Mustang:
Top speed : 113 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 6.6 sec.(manual), 6.9 sec.(auto)
0-¼ mile : 15.0 sec @ 92.1 mph(manual), 15.3 sec @ 91.0 mph(auto)
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.79 g

Civic:
Top speed : 145 mph(estimated)
0-60 mph : 7.2 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.6 sec @ 93.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 125 ft(estimated)
200 ft skidpad : 0.85 g(estimated)

From those two sites you couldn't get to load.