07 SGT (4013) - finally arrived!

Romeo46LV8

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2000
Philadelphia (suburbs), PA
Hey everyone, its been a good long while since I've posted on here or kept up with most of the community - chalk it up to work, moving, life in general but I haven't been doing my part to keep up on the Mustang community as a whole.

I figured it was about time to return to a bit more active posting/reading for a rather good reason...After waiting more than 15 months from the initial deposit at my dealer, through final delivery this past Saturday the 24th, my new baby is finally at home where she belongs.

Its been a long, long wait - but I can say in the end it was all worth it. I figured I'd come back to the place I once spent many a day, and night, with my non-stop reading about all things Stang related. Hope you enjoy the pics! Mods listed in sig below.

Now, the only question left is, what's next on the mod list? :popcorn:

Attachments

• Shelby1 012.jpg
    Shelby1 012.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Shelby1 015.jpg
    Shelby1 015.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Sponsors (?)

Wanna trade the stock black wheels for polished 18s?

You know I do like the polished wheels quite a bit more than the black ones, and that was a big reason why I changed the stockers out for the ones I have (that and for the brake package!). However, I want to keep *all* of the original Shelby parts so that if one day, if I hit my head really really hard and forget what I'm doing, I can change the entire car back to SGT "stock".

I appreciate the offer though. Any other car and I'd seriously consider it.

You know I do like the polished wheels quite a bit more than the black ones, and that was a big reason why I changed the stockers out for the ones I have (that and for the brake package!). However, I want to keep *all* of the original Shelby parts so that if one day, if I hit my head really really hard and forget what I'm doing, I can change the entire car back to SGT "stock".

I appreciate the offer though. Any other car and I'd seriously consider it.

Good deal. I understand. Thought I would try though :)

So all those mods were put on my the dealer?

Man i wish I got the idea of adding the SCer, i only got rims thrown in the deal.

They were actually done by the folks at Shelby. They opened up a 'Mod Shop' a few months ago so I figured while my car would be there for the SGT conversion anyway, why not throw on a few extra parts that pretty much make up my dream car?

That and it should help keep the overall car more 'authentic' as the parts were Shelby provided and installed. Not that it really matters much in the long run, but its a "nice to have" kind of thing.

To everyone: Thanks for the positive feedback thus far!! :SNSign:

Where is the mod shop and what kind of things do they do and will they do them to GTs?
Your car looks great.

The mod shop is Shelby's head quarters and facilities located in Las Vegas, NV - this is where the 'base' Shelby GT conversions happen. With the car already there, it was a no brainer to have them add on some additional mods as well. The only issue was that my car arrived in late April/early May to their facilities for the base conversion, but the Mod Shop didn't open until late June so I waited....and waited....and waited....

I believe they have two more shops opening up as "official Shelby" shops (performance shops that are now Shelby authorized dealers as well) in both Texas and Connecticut - not 100% sure where. I'm pretty sure you can send your GT there to get most of the work done, but some items like the striping, the fender badges, etc., are exclusive to the 2007/08 SGT's.

Enjoy it. The Shelby GT count is going up around here.

I'm sure its a blast with that Supercharger :-D

God Bless,

Edit: What is a IUP?

Hey, it seems that it is! Certainly not a bad thing as we can relate what we've gone through for these wonders of automotive achievement. LOL

The supercharger, is insane, to say the least. I talked to one other SGT owner who has the same on his 07SGT Auto and it made 477rwhp - which is absolutely ridiculous if you think about it. :jaw:
I have yet to go WOT and probably won't until after I have the car dyno'ed and even possible custom tune to detune it a bit and bring the numbers down. I need not blow a piston through the block in the first 5k miles of ownership!

IUP = Interior Upgrade Package. Per Ford's website, this includes such items as a leather wrapped steering wheel, different door handles, dash accents, the 'mycolor' feature w/message center, etc. There were quite a few factory options I couldn't get when ordering a SGT (comfort group being the one I wanted most) so I took the ones I could get! :p

Awesome car man:nice: I like it the way it is...then again I have a N/A Stang so I'm lacking nearly 100 RWHP from yours so it might be easy for me to say that. I've always like the V6 version and now glad to see he did it to the V8 as well:D

The mod shop is Shelby's head quarters and facilities located in Las Vegas, NV - this is where the 'base' Shelby GT conversions happen. With the car already there, it was a no brainer to have them add on some additional mods as well. The only issue was that my car arrived in late April/early May to their facilities for the base conversion, but the Mod Shop didn't open until late June so I waited....and waited....and waited....

I believe they have two more shops opening up as "official Shelby" shops (performance shops that are now Shelby authorized dealers as well) in both Texas and Connecticut - not 100% sure where. I'm pretty sure you can send your GT there to get most of the work done, but some items like the striping, the fender badges, etc., are exclusive to the 2007/08 SGT's.

Hey, it seems that it is! Certainly not a bad thing as we can relate what we've gone through for these wonders of automotive achievement. LOL

The supercharger, is insane, to say the least. I talked to one other SGT owner who has the same on his 07SGT Auto and it made 477rwhp - which is absolutely ridiculous if you think about it. :jaw:
I have yet to go WOT and probably won't until after I have the car dyno'ed and even possible custom tune to detune it a bit and bring the numbers down. I need not blow a piston through the block in the first 5k miles of ownership!

IUP = Interior Upgrade Package. Per Ford's website, this includes such items as a leather wrapped steering wheel, different door handles, dash accents, the 'mycolor' feature w/message center, etc. There were quite a few factory options I couldn't get when ordering a SGT (comfort group being the one I wanted most) so I took the ones I could get! :p

I live in Blue Bell, minutes from Plymouth Meeting. If you see somebody hanging out the window of a Torch Red GT trying to give you a thumbs up. You'll know who it is. :D

I live in Blue Bell, minutes from Plymouth Meeting. If you see somebody hanging out the window of a Torch Red GT trying to give you a thumbs up. You'll know who it is. :D

LOL Thats awesome that we're really only a few minutes apart. I actually live on the very very edge of PM in BB so we're probably even closer that we originally know. I'd have to say we'll definitely pass each other off at some time. Its hard to miss a SGT and/or a Torch Red '07 GT.