07' Shelby GT Iphone mounting solution?

iclukay

Dec 13, 2009
Hi all,

I just bought my first mustang (Shelby GT) and I absolutely love the car! I traded an infiniti G35 on it. Anyways, I was curious as to how others are mounting their phone/iphone in the car? I have only seen a couple, but I didn't like any. I'm looking for a really clean install, like a dock where no wires are visible, similar to the installs here: spec.dock - complete iPod and iPhone vehicle integration too bad they don't have one for the mustang :Damnit: let me know what everyone else is doing.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly I wouldn't mount anything like that in my car. Things like screw holes and double sided tape just don't sit well with me when it comes to interior pieces. However to each their own.

Are you looking to use it for making calls or mp3's? If you want to use it for MP3's check in the center counsel. In my california special there is an input in there for an mp3 player. Or if you are looking to make calls do what I did in my F-150 put in a bluetooth enabled stereo. Given my stang was just hit by a person talking on a phone not paying attention I would say don't talk on the phone while driving your stang.

The pro clip systems are great. I used ones for years. I now have Bluetooth and keep my phone in its holder on my belt. The pro clip systems remove easily and leave no evidence they were ever installed. I had the one that attaches to the left or right of the radio.

Thanks for the suggestions! Really it came down to either the proclip or a kuda pod, but I'm leaning towards the proclip as you guys seem to like it. Bluetooth is a great idea as well, I'm planning on getting the Alpine ixa-w407 which has Bluetooth capability, so that would work perfectly