07 V6 Sputter?

GoneSolo

Mar 2, 2007
Hey guys. I noticed that at about 3000-4000 RPMs, I have an accelleration sputter. The car barely has 400 miles on it. I put regular fuel because that is what the quick reference guide said to put in the car. Would a higher octane fuel help with this or is it an altogether different problem?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought an 07 a couple of weeks ago, and I too use 87 octane. I have about 1000 miles on mine and have not noticed any sputters at all. Mine pulls real nice around that RPM range. Is it an auto or manual? What gear were you in at the time, or does it do it in all gears?

My car has some quirks, but the more miles I get on it the better it seems to be.

If all else fails:

Take it to Ford and have them make it right!

Good luck!

Hey guys. I noticed that at about 3000-4000 RPMs, I have an accelleration sputter. The car barely has 400 miles on it. I put regular fuel because that is what the quick reference guide said to put in the car. Would a higher octane fuel help with this or is it an altogether different problem?

A guy on a different board had the same type of thing... after multiple visits to the dealership it turned out to be a vacuum leak... one of the hoses was off..

It is a NEW car, and you PAID to have a nice car, take it to the dealer and have them diagnose/fix it.

At least get your info and the problem documented in case it turns into a bigger or lasting problem...

Let us know how it turns out

Hey GoneSolo!

I've had a persistant "knock" or "pinging" between 2500-3000 RPM since the car was new. (4th or 5th gears)

At 37,500 miles a tech determined the MAF sensor was 50% out of spec!!!

Not an octane issue for my vehicle or vacuum leak.

Normally, techs don't look to the MAF for pinging.

Have them test the MAF.

Should be covered under warranty.

Good luck!

SOHC