08 Mustang- Is a Bullitt worth it?

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
I am thinking about an 08 GT or maybe a Bullitt, but the extra $ for the Bullitt are a bit of a longshot.

I am finding several base (Deluxe) GT stick shifts in the under 30k range.

Any opinions, suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

That depends on what you want. The Bullit is similar to the Shelby GT. It includes a sport tuned suspension and changes in appearance, but I believe the only power increase comes from a Cold Air Kit and Adaptive Spark Tune (which I think all new mustangs will get) bumping power to 315hp. I think it also comes with 3.73 gears. So if you want the exclusivity of a bullit and don't mind paying the price (not sure what that is) then go for it. Personally I like the look of the new Bullit. It is subtle just like the original car.

But if you want a Mustang that you are going to make your own, (ie make a bunch of modifications to) I would say buying a GT would be better. For me part of the reason I bought a standard Mustang GT is being able to alter it to be exactly what I want without altering (or ruining as some would say) a special edition car.

Of course you can make all the mods to a Bullit that you could to a regular GT but your wallet will be a little lighter after purchasing the Bullit. Either way both choices are mustangs so both are good decisions. :nice:

I think that if you need to ask whether or not you should get a Bullitt, then you should not get one. This is a cultlike car. Since they are limited production vehicles, save them for those who really, really want one and who appreciate the mystique.

With the Bullitt you get 315HP on 87oct (319HP at 93oct with the Shelby) you get an upgraded suspension that is better than the GT and not as harsh as the SGT as well as 3.37 gears and the KR rear housing. You get upgraded seats and interior. You get 18” wheels and a unique paint color. The tune is such that you get a snapper throttle response and 10hp gain on 93oct. And let’s not forget the exhaust note. If you want to buy a car that already has most of the common mods the Bullitt is your choice because it has them and all are under the warranty. These are some of the reasons I ordered my Bullitt.
You can get the car for X-plan and it will be built into the 2009 model year. All in all I think it is a lot of bang for the buck when compared to the GT or SGT.

I have had every body style v8 mustang starting SN95 and up and BY FAR is the bullitt the best driving one.

Ive also driven the 2003 Cobra and I preffered the Bullitt to that as well....which is why I purchased one. I also got sirius/ambient lighting/hids/active anti-theft on X plan for $29900 or something like that.

heres a few pics of mine:

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

The Bullitt just doesn't do it for me. The looks just aren't for me, but it doesn't look bad at all.

As far as prices for the 2008s, you should be able to find Premium GTs for under 30k, especially with the current incentives. I got nearly every option (no Nav or Shaker 1000), and I paid under 30k and there were no incentives when I purchased. I got x-plan, and with proper shopping around, you should be able to find one for about the same.

Wow I guess price really depends on area. When I was buying my GT, the dealer had 2 bullits, both marked up 10k over sticker. And that car is NOT worth 40 grand.

Plus you said you find several DELUX GTs for under 30? Most loaded premium GTs come in between 28 and 30.. Mine is a Premium with GT apeparance, Interior upgrade, and 3.55s and it stickered at like 28,900 and I got it for 26 something.

I think I am going to just bite the bullet and get one.

Dealer tonight around here said 31 for the one he has with a sticker of 34, would not take my offer of 28+ tax and tag.

But plan b is in the works for around 29, should be a done deal later this week. If not, I still have plenty of transportation....

It depends on whether or not you want a car that is unique and is already modified..

I like the Shelby because it's ready-to-go.. I like having ONE payment come out of my checking account every month for a pre-modded car, compared to having a payment on a GT, plus ordering mods all the time, and/or having a credit card to pay-off...

The Bullitts are nice.. They have the GT500 steering wheel, unique dash trim, etc.. Well worth it to me!

:nice: