09 Blue Tooth

I just picked up a new '09 GT last week. I love the car but it didn't come with Blue Tooth and the aftermarket that my dealer offered was cheap piece of crap.
Anyway...after asking around and doing some research I found that Ford makes a Sync accessory that will add Blue Tooth and a USB port for Ipods, etc.
My dealer didn't know it existed. If anyone else is interested here is a site that sells them. Ford Mustang Sync

My dealer wants $595.00 w/installation. This unit will not work if you have navigation. It will work with Shaker 500.

• Sponsors (?)

I would compare the price and looks of an aftermarket stereo that will do all you want it to do.
I believe you can do better in the aftermarket. But take some time and look before buying.

Looking at the picture on your link. It's knida cheesy looking with the control module wire running under/into the adjacent panel. jmo though.
Yes...you're right..I thought the same thing.
I kinda wanted to keep everything original and made by Ford. I guess I could get a good Kenwood or something like that with navigation and everything in it...not sure yet what to do.

I went ahead and had the sync installed. The dealer gave me half off so it only cost me $250.00. I figured if I ever replace the radio I would replace with something that has gps in it, and being I can't really afford that right now, I just did the sync.
It really works great. Voice commands for phone, radio, and Ipod. I can see all my songs on my Ipod on the radio display now and I can control it from the radio. The phone is crystal clear on both ends. I think it was worth it.

Can you post a picture of the module installed? Or does it look like the original picture ?

I'm glad you like it and that it works as advertised. :nice:

The installer did it a little different so the wire doesn't show as much. He put it higher on the silver part of the dashboard between the two a/c vents. The problem is that its harder to see. You have to look around the steering wheel to see it. I will post a picture over the weekend. The other problem is when he took the radio out he scratched the whole face of the radio. Now they have to order me a new radio. So when that comes in, I'm going to ask him if they can relocate the pad.

All of the dash stuff scratches easily. My radio has been ought several times now because of changes I have made. I don't think I want anyone to touch it again because of the soft, easy to scratch plastic Ford uses. Those metal looking pieces for the IUP are all plastic and they too scratch really easy.
Be careful.

I am with you. I would move it. It really sticks out there. $250 is a great price especially if they installed if for that. The thing retails for $500 or more.

It was $595.00 installed but the dealer gave it to me for $250.00 only because they felt they owed me something for all the aggravation I had during the sale.
(IE:car not being ready when it was my appointment to come pick it up)

I'm not crazy about it, but it will do. I don't get why Ford just didn't make it so it could be cut right into that spot on the dash, like just a series of 3 buttons that you would drill 3 small holes and mount in from the back. I guess they did it so it would fit universally in any ford car.
As far as operation, its works great.