1/4 mile and 0-60???

• Sponsors (?)

SMOKEDYA said:
Or just bring it out thisweekend to PIR? peace

john:p

im driving out with some friends to the races in mount vernon saturday night.........there are some pretty quick cars out there and the cops dont really mess with you as long as theres no fights or burnouts in the parking lot.

last weekend there was an 11 or 10 second 90ish GT out and also a new gto, an 01ish trans am, and several other quick cars.......i had my bmw last week and got left at 130 mph on i5........now its gone and ive got the gt...lets see where i stand now:D

04bullit said:
im driving out with some friends to the races in mount vernon saturday night.........there are some pretty quick cars out there and the cops dont really mess with you as long as theres no fights or burnouts in the parking lot.

last weekend there was an 11 or 10 second 90ish GT out and also a new gto, an 01ish trans am, and several other quick cars.......i had my bmw last week and got left at 130 mph on i5........now its gone and ive got the gt...lets see where i stand now:D
So where is this place at? Do you go threw vancouver to get there? peace

john:p

Yeah, PIR is almost a 4 hour drive (obeying laws) from there, add another hour for woodburn. I don't know exactly where Pacific Raceway is but that seems to be the place for the Northern Exposure crowd.

:Track: Street racing is for video games and hondas.

BTW, nice car man.

Repostyle said:
Yeah, PIR is almost a 4 hour drive (obeying laws) from there, add another hour for woodburn. I don't know exactly where Pacific Raceway is but that seems to be the place for the Northern Exposure crowd.

:Track: Street racing is for video games and hondas.

BTW, nice car man.

the races in vernon have some very nice cars and some great drivers......we keep it very safe and always on clear roads and only 4 or 5 cars go out at a time with 2 or 3 racing and the other 2 or 3 making sure its safe

thanks for the props on the car:nice:

04bullit said:
the races in vernon have some very nice cars and some great drivers......we keep it very safe and always on clear roads and only 4 or 5 cars go out at a time with 2 or 3 racing and the other 2 or 3 making sure its safe

thanks for the props on the car:nice:

How is that safe?:shrug: 130 mph? Your idea of safe is certainly different then mine. Be aware of the law, 130 gets your new car taken from you...for ever

saleenster said:
How is that safe?:shrug: 130 mph? Your idea of safe is certainly different then mine. Be aware of the law, 130 gets your new car taken from you...for ever

His version of safe is safer than the usual street racing scene....large groups of people standing around, very close to the cars as they launch. As cars are driving back down the road toward the group after they race, two boneheads begin racing head on at them... I saw so many close calls at the old street races in Portland! Scoobs probably remembers.

loud 95 said:
His version of safe is safer than the usual street racing scene....large groups of people standing around, very close to the cars as they launch. As cars are driving back down the road toward the group after they race, two boneheads begin racing head on at them... I saw so many close calls at the old street races in Portland! Scoobs probably remembers.

+1

already stated that kent is rediculous.

we dont start any runs until after midnight when theres no traffic way up there......the part of i5 we run has no onramps so there are no cars getting on in front of us......5 to 6 cars at a time only 2 racing if its 2 lane or 3 racing once it opens to 3 lane and the rest do the speed limit at 60 side by side to keep traffic back and someone goes ahead to make sure all is clear..............flat out, im one of the youngest guys there....there are several 23 years olds but for the most part it is late 20's, 30's and even a couple guys in their 40's..........im also one of the slowest cars there as i said before.........these are all very capable drivers with very fast cars and we take all the precautions we can.

yes, its still illegal.........there are the same risks at the track as well we just elect to have our fun this way.

oh, and i topped the GT out at the governed 140 mph saturday night:D