1/4 Mile Time Question

SorsCode

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
St. Louis, MO
I went to the Track Saturday for Spring Opener... Well of course the day was going bad from the beginning... Couldn't find the LugNut key so I could take my DR so I had to run on 205/65/15's on all 4's... So traction was horrible... I need some advice on what my 1/4 time would be with the track number I got if I had my Drag Radials...

60ft: 2.4
1/4: 14.113
MPH: 101.99

My MPH was consistant all day around 101.4-99 I spun the tires probly half way down the track... zero traction... just give me your opinions...

• Sponsors (?)

Your mph is enough to put you in the 13s easy.. 2.4 60ft is awful. Ive pulled 1.9-2.00 on my dunlops and you should get that or better on drag radials. LOL on the lock luck remover thing.. ive done the same thing my self only to find out later it fell under my seat and I had it the whole time!

Combo:

Stock 89 Block
AFR 165 58CC
E-Cam
Cobra Intake Lower Ported
3:55 gears
and 5spd... witht he usually bolt ons and MSD ignition minus distributor...
75MM Prom-M 24lb injectors also... Meter inside stock housing... OEM air filter :nonono:

I found my key on the wheel never took it of the lug and put the center cap on it... :shrug:

I think my big problem is I can't put the pedal to the floor it just lights the tires up.... I mean have you seen stock V6 tires and wheels :D Thats why the BFG Drag Radials are for... ON V6 rims of course.... I know I could see 13's easy I was just dissapointed I just wanted opinions...

SorsCode said:
Combo:

Stock 89 Block
AFR 165 58CC
E-Cam
Cobra Intake Lower Ported
3:55 gears
and 5spd... witht he usually bolt ons and MSD ignition minus distributor...
75MM Prom-M 24lb injectors also... Meter inside stock housing... OEM air filter :nonono:

I found my key on the wheel never took it of the lug and put the center cap on it... :shrug:

I think my big problem is I can't put the pedal to the floor it just lights the tires up.... I mean have you seen stock V6 tires and wheels :D Thats why the BFG Drag Radials are for... ON V6 rims of course.... I know I could see 13's easy I was just dissapointed I just wanted opinions...

You shouldnt be disappointed.. you know its not gonna run good with v6 tires. I put the little v6 tires on mine the other day and it spun all the way through 2nd gear and my car is stock. Why do you run the stock v6 wheels?

I just drive the car around with the V6 Wheels... Normally when I go to the track I couldn't find the lug nut key..... so I couldn't take the BFG Drag Radials... But for just cruising I don't need anything special and the car is a complete sleeper... just traction is a problem.... Im not into Cobra R rims or anything like that... If I ran anything it would be Welds....but right now i got to finish saving up for the T-trim that gets bolted up this coming up winter... i'm thinking about sending a pair of my V6 wheels off to get widened....

SorsCode said:
I just drive the car around with the V6 Wheels... Normally when I go to the track I couldn't find the lug nut key..... so I couldn't take the BFG Drag Radials... But for just cruising I don't need anything special and the car is a complete sleeper... just traction is a problem.... Im not into Cobra R rims or anything like that... If I ran anything it would be Welds....but right now i got to finish saving up for the T-trim that gets bolted up this coming up winter... i'm thinking about sending a pair of my V6 wheels off to get widened....

I have a set of 16x7 and 16x8 prostars that i just took off mine. I dont liek the maintenance they require.

Is it those V6 wheels ? :rlaugh: Look at the space between my front wheel and the fender :lol: I got no engine in there !
attachment.php