1/4 mile time question

Traction is a huge factor in your ET. My car only put down 265 HP at the rear wheels, but it still gets to low 13s at around 105 MPH. The biggest single difference in your times and mine is that 60' mark. My car may be a few pounds lighter (100 maybe), but that's only roughly .1 ET difference. Did you powershift the car? That makes a big difference, for sure.

Before anybody starts pooh-poohing the powershifting thing, it's just a question. You decide for yourself if it's worth it to take a chance on tearing up your trans. It's worked out well for me, but might not work out well for anyone else.

Scott
Nope no power shifting, if I break something Id be stuck with no way home :rolleyes: I agree with Grady on the mods and great times relative to the RWHP your car has, Centerforce clutch and the lift bars,beefy axles etc, bigger injectors are all in my winter plans.. BUT no mini spool :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I see 3 things.

1. 60 foot times that have been mentioned.

2. Weight difference. A fox car is going to be lighter and with less weight it takes less power to make the car go faster. His car will ET better simply because it's lighter.

3. Driving difference. If you add some better shifts into the picture along with a slightly better 60 it's going to add up at the other end. Even if you both were not power shifting he still could have been getting faster smoother shifts that gained him some time.