1/4 mile times, who's got em?

Taylor

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2002
Arizona
I've been spending the last year modding my truck (daily driver) after I blew the tranny in my Mustang, but I'm satisfied with it now and want to rebuild the pony!! I've been away so long I almost forgot everything!!

I'm just curious what you guys are running, especially 1st gens, and what it took to get you there.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Dodgestang, I remember you! Mostly from the VMF. You have a real nice fastback.

Those are nice numers, steel1212. 13 second cars are a lot more respectable that some people will give them.

I'm not aiming to do much better than that. High 12s - Low 13s would make me happy. I'm running high 13s (in cool weather) with my hemi ram. Not bad for a 5000lb brick with 20in wheels/33in tall tires! Didn't even have to tare into the motor.

Very impressive numbers paul302!

12.12 @ 110 with a mildly built 347.

Taylor: High 13's is really moving for a big heavy truck. That Hemi must really have a mountain of torque.

I'm jealous of Paul's times. On the verge of 9's is one crazy fast street car!!

11.28 @ 119MPH on my old set up which differs from my sig as follows;

XE274HR

2500 stall, no brake

mighty demon 650

Hoping for some high 10's or 11 flat out of the new set up.

Then I want to build a dart 302 based stroker turbo motor so I can hang with Paul302 who has one bad street car.....

washMO66 said:
11.28 @ 119MPH on my old set up which differs from my sig as follows;

XE274HR

2500 stall, no brake

mighty demon 650

Hoping for some high 10's or 11 flat out of the new set up.

Then I want to build a dart 302 based stroker turbo motor so I can hang with Paul302 who has one bad street car.....
We're both keeping up with the Jones's here. I want to beat his 1/8 time since I don't have a 1/4 around here. Hopefully I can do it before I split the block.Im gonna get one or the other.

10secgoal said:
We're both keeping up with the Jones's here. I want to beat his 1/8 time since I don't have a 1/4 around here. Hopefully I can do it before I split the block.Im gonna get one or the other.

The only guy I want to beat is the guy in the lane next to me......

Only thing holding up the turbo dart build is my wife, and the kids college funds (X-4)..... This winter I'll buy the shortblock ( and hide it)...... next winter I'll finish it.....

I'm not trying to run 10 flat or better, but I would like to know how Paul302 got there... that is incredible:jaw: What tires were you running? What kind of traction control? Gears? Spool, Detroit Locker, or ? Is it streetable enough to drive it to and from the track? (one of my requirements) I really didn't set my car up for drag racing, but I live less than 40 minutes from MIR, so I plan to go a few times while I'm waiting to make it to an open track event. I hope to be doing mid to high 11s by just swapping on slicks or drag radials.