1/4 mile times

notchguy

Apr 30, 2005
i have a 90 notch with a tremec 3550, gt40 upper and lower, e cam, full length headers with 3 in flowmasters, and msd6al, i ran a 14.2 at 101 on street tires spining 1st and second, any thoughts on what it would run with 255/50/16 mt et street, i have a stock rear with kyb shocks and struts. im just lookin to see what you would think the best times would be.

• Sponsors (?)

notchguy said:
my friend has a supercharged hatch and he ran a 13,5 at 97, my best 60 was 2.4 and 330 was 6.32

you'r biggest issue is in you'r 60' times.if you get some stickies on there and manage to take that short time down to a 1.8-1.9 you should be getting the times I mentioned above easy

what kind of tires are you running now? how much psi? even after the stickies you may want to consider a little ballast but thats down the road a little.

just practice, practice practice

as far as your frien with the s/c car. some guys just don't run good for some reason. whe I had half the mods you see in my sig I ran a sn-95 with a powerdyne and m/t dr's. he only beat my by a half a car. on the timeslip it said he got me by .2 and the difference was in the r/t. but I mean, me vs a slicked and s/c'd sn95 and he could only get .2 on me. not only that, but I had a higher mph than him so I was catching up :shrug: ........for some reason some just don't run good
:shrug:

notchguy said:
im running 255/50/16 sumitos right now

I've never heard of those so I am going to assume thier some sort of econo genric brand. try running 28psi. if that works good try 26 and see if that works better. also, whe you get to the box DO NOT burn out in the water. do a dry spin. just enough to get some of the small rocks and such off the tire. if you over heat cheap street tires all they will do is melt and get slippery.

once you have perfected you'r techniqe on that try throwing about 50lbs in the trunk and see what that does to your short time. yes, I know, adding weight sounds counter productivebut keep in mind every .1 you take off your 60' is worth more than .2 on your final et at least

best 1/8th time is in sig, best 60' i pulled on street tires (rock hard remingtons) was a 2.0, best so far is a 1.80 on the 235 et street radials, with a worn out track lock, track lock is currently done, so i'm awaiting a rebuild, till then no more racing, but when i come back i'll have sbc's and lca's then i'm looking for at least mid 1.7's