1/4 mile

• Sponsors (?)

Lyncher said:
imo thats pretty slow for a h/c/i car, get some drag radials...I think you can definalty get into high 12s with that combo :nice:
A set of DR's are not gonna cut off over a second!:nonono: The car definitly has the potencial for 12's but he needs to pratice driving!!

Should be easy 13.50s or less man....sorry to sound negative. My car runs 14.20s blowing the tires off 1st through 3rd. It just takes a lot of practice and don't get overly eager when you launch. Also, when you do your burnout, don't waste the tires. You wanna burn them off good enough to get all the crap off your tires and you wanna heat them up some, but it's not necessary to throw a 1/4 inch of rubber on your fenders.

Start to walk the car out after 5-10 seconds of burning out...make sure they smoke pretty good and then stop half way before you hit the staging lights. From there put it in first and holeshot it a little and they should squeel...that's when you know they're warm enough. Then don't just drop the hammer on your launch...you've gotta feather the gas and the clutch together to keep the tires from letting loose in first.

Also, when you think you've got some traction, don't overdo it there either because it's easy to break loose again. Once you're hooking up in 3rd, mash it and don't let out untill you cross the line.

yeah, good advice 85ss. practing is a very important key. its not just green light -- full throttle. Thats a common misperception, unless you have like $1000-1500 in suspension mods (including tires).

your either missing 1/2-3/4 second or 4-5 MPH.

willys1: yeah, i never heard of DRs taking off 1 second either ;)

Another problem that people have with drag racing is that they go for the first few times and maybe they don't get good ETs, so they blame their car and say well, now i better get some more mods. SO they go out and spend a wad of money on heads and intakes and maybe even some power adder, then go back to the track.

Then, since they're still new to drag racing, now they've got way more power but still haven't invested in their skill any and blow off the tires and maybe shave a few 10ths off their ET, and then they're PISSED because they spent all this money and got nothing in return.

Then, i've seen guys go so far as to say "Screw this POS Mustang, i'm getting a turbo Civic". Seriously...i've seen this happen a couple times to different guys i know. They never seem to learn their lessons lol.