1.7 roller rockers

• Sponsors (?)

a little bit....but not much. i put on mine with a cobra upper and lower and felt a difference, but it was only up top that i felt anything. youd probably be better off just saving up and getting new heads...kinda wish i would have done that.

ECU5.0 said:
a little bit....but not much. i put on mine with a cobra upper and lower and felt a difference, but it was only up top that i felt anything. youd probably be better off just saving up and getting new heads...kinda wish i would have done that.

I just helped a friend do the same thing this past weekend. He picked up a little over .20 with the little 1/4 mile meter he has.

Legendary said:
I just helped a friend do the same thing this past weekend. He picked up a little over .20 with the little 1/4 mile meter he has.

really, thats pretty good. i have never taken my car to the track so im not sure how much improvement it gave me. you can definetly feel it up top...but i wasnt sure if it was from the rockers or the intake.

one of my valve covers is leaking oil, so i figure if i have to put a new gasket on i might as well put rockers on:) kinda confused though, i have stock heads so do are the rockers i want pedastal mount of stud mount?

91LX302 said:
one of my valve covers is leaking oil, so i figure if i have to put a new gasket on i might as well put rockers on:) kinda confused though, i have stock heads so do are the rockers i want pedastal mount of stud mount?

Pedestals. and you may have to modify the valve covers to make the clear the rockers.

yeah, a lot of people have to modify the valve covers. i just think it depends on what year it is because i think there was a year that had different valve covers...but im not sure. all i had to do was take off the oil baffle under the fill hole. three small screws and that was it.

5.0Droptop said:
Pedestals. and you may have to modify the valve covers to make the clear the rockers.
Do you happen to know what the part# is for the Cranes? I'm looking for an easy swap. I heard Scorpions are less pricey but are they the same quality?