1/8 mile to 1/4 mile converson?

Demonoid

Apr 29, 2007
Anyone here know what the numbers would be i ran an 1/8 mile track and did preety good i think for my first time running

my times were
.6920 reaction
2.2760 60 ft
6.3302 330 ft
9.0369 et @594 FT
9.6420 1/8 ET
74.37 1/8 MPH

it's a 98gt with a xcal2 tune,o/r H ,pypes catback,underdrive pullies,BBK upper plenum,BBK CAI ,410 gears and it's a auto!!!

Thanx :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ya the pi swap
1300 and youll feel a whole new car !
check out parkway performance ! nice times for a 97 check out some slicks practice your lauching and bring your 60ft times down, once you get that in the bag everything will fall in line !

ya the pi swap
1300 and youll feel a whole new car !
check out parkway performance ! nice times for a 97 check out some slicks practice your lauching and bring your 60ft times down, once you get that in the bag everything will fall in line !
i'd recomend not buying a full kit, your car's not a brand new car so brand new parts arn't required but if that's what you prefer by all means. If you shop around on parts and labor you can save anywhere from $500 to $1000 if your going aftermarket cams or ported heads

but non-pi sucks with a blower...

Do some research before you dip into something like a supercharger

there aren't much other options due to post PI swapped heads being 10-10.5:1 compression. Porting+polishing NPI heads can if done right make them flow better than PI heads, but that's a lot of down time on a car (heads off of car for weeks). But a ported NPI head + aftermarket NPI cams (ah268's) and pi itnake manifold accompanied w/ a blower can see VERY good gains. Even if you don't alter heads tho, changing out cams + intake is a must.

Friend of mine with a 97 crown vic with his NPI heads, added a vortech V2 with PI intake and PI cams dyno'd 360rwhp and recently did a 12.7 in the 1/4 mile. I like that recipe.

Considering I'll be running that exact setup in my Mustang that should weigh about 500 pounds less makes me a very happy guy. Can't wait till the strip opens here in the spring.