1/8 NPT port ??

American_Muscle

May 9, 2005
Hey guys
I just got my oil filter sandwich adapter which has extra ports for oil feeds etc.
It says that the ports are 1/8 NPT.
There are plugs that go into the ports in case you don't need all the ports and I measure the plug and there's no way it's 1/8".
I'm guessing the 1/8" is the diameter of the threading or not?

I'm asking because my oil feed line won't fit so I'll need an adapter, I just don't know which size.

Thanks
Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

Naw I don't have a picture at the moment.

It is definitely 1/8 NPT. It says so on the instructions.
But the other end, where the oil line goes into is not 1/8 NPT.
I have the plug where the oil line goes into and I tried screwing that into the oil filter adapter and it was too big. But it's also not 1/4" because it's just barely too big. What's the next size that is used often?
It must have come with the Vortech kit.

Naw I don't have a picture at the moment.

It is definitely 1/8 NPT. It says so on the instructions.
But the other end, where the oil line goes into is not 1/8 NPT.
I have the plug where the oil line goes into and I tried screwing that into the oil filter adapter and it was too big. But it's also not 1/4" because it's just barely too big. What's the next size that is used often?
It must have come with the Vortech kit.

As mentioned it is NPT thread. The female side of the adapter is 1/4 NPT. The fitting you are trying to screw in (male) is probably a 3/8 NPT. This is assuming that you are using NPT fittings. You can get a 3/8 female to 1/4 male NPT fitting that would let you adapt down and go into the adapter. Lowes, plumbing department, these fittings can be found there.

Also be sure to use teflon on the threads or it will be leak city.