1/8 times

ragu1585

Jul 22, 2004
Spring, TX
Took the car to the track tonight for the first time .. Best time was a 9.93, ran consistent 10.02's, good or should i say bad for about a 15.48 1/4 mile.. Car Has K&N CAI and Bassani Catted X With Bassani Catback. Car is a 98 GT AUTO. Is this normal times or should i be running slower, quicker? Any1 have times they can post. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What were your 60ft times? Your 9.83 is consistent with your 15.48, but your car should be running at least 5-7 tenths faster than that in the 1/4 with your mods. The problem is that you're free flow exhaust is hurting the low-end torque output of an engine that doesn't produce much low-end torque to begin with. You need a gear swap really bad to take advantage of your engines new found breathing capability.

ragu1585 said:
Took the car to the track tonight for the first time .. Best time was a 9.93, ran consistent 10.02's, good or should i say bad for about a 15.48 1/4 mile.. Car Has K&N CAI and Bassani Catted X With Bassani Catback. Car is a 98 GT AUTO. Is this normal times or should i be running slower, quicker? Any1 have times they can post. Thanks

hey i saw you there last night. all the little hatchback civics were pretty impressive last night. most of them were running like 9.3 and 9.4. oh well i still hate rice :flag:

Your time sounds a little off. Its your exhaust. Get some 3.73 or 4.10 and that should cure that right up.
MAC Cold Air
Ford 70 mm throttle body
80 mm mass air kit
Steeda 4.6 Pulleys
Steeda Timing Adjuster
Hypertech Programmer
Hypertech 160 thermo
3.73 Ford Gears
Manual Valve Body
All Around Nitto
13.28 1/4
NOS
Port Polish
Head Job

4.10s and nothing less for me... they are my next performance mod for sure but whats the best ones out there? my step dad said there is something else i should get, dont recall what it was, when i get my gears so that i can pretty much have the rear end completely rebuilt.. also anywhere on north side of houston that does a good job installin and for a good price??

ragu1585 said:
4.10s and nothing less for me... they are my next performance mod for sure but whats the best ones out there? my step dad said there is something else i should get, dont recall what it was, when i get my gears so that i can pretty much have the rear end completely rebuilt.. also anywhere on north side of houston that does a good job installin and for a good price??

i work at planet ford and the guy that does gear installs will do them for 150 plus if you need bearings or other stuff. if he has fluid and stuff he wont' charge you for it though. he did mine and they are great. if you want more info just pm me.

Get ford motorsports gears. they are the highest quality that you can get. They are the least likely to whine. I have some off brand in mine and the whine is noticeable but not bad. (I actually orderd ford gears on ebay but they sent some other gears in a ford box. I didn't realize this till we opened the diff back up to double check the backlash cuz it was whining)