1/8 track results

stang_1320

Mar 30, 2005
Odessa, Texas
i went out to my local 1/8 mile track last night to see the payoff of all the parts i just recently put on my car. & for some ungodly reason...even w/ the mmr lca's i have on my car...i still got a huge case of wheelhop when i launched. needless to say i was a bit frustrated at the fact that they didnt remedy that. if it werent for the 4.10s...i wouldntve made any half decent times.

rt - .3479
60ft - 2.3063
330ft - 6.6470
1/8 et - 10.1926
1/8 mph - 68.82

if anyone has any ideas for my wheelhop problem...lemme know oh...and that time is the best one i could muster last night. oddly enough it was my first run. i assumed it would take at least 3 or 4 to really get my times down. ah well. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

• Sponsors (?)

stang_1320 said:
i went out to my local 1/8 mile track last night to see the payoff of all the parts i just recently put on my car. & for some ungodly reason...even w/ the mmr lca's i have on my car...i still got a huge case of wheelhop when i launched. needless to say i was a bit frustrated at the fact that they didnt remedy that. if it werent for the 4.10s...i wouldntve made any half decent times.

rt - .3479
60ft - 2.3063
330ft - 6.6470
1/8 et - 10.1926
1/8 mph - 68.82

if anyone has any ideas for my wheelhop problem...lemme know oh...and that time is the best one i could muster last night. oddly enough it was my first run. i assumed it would take at least 3 or 4 to really get my times down. ah well. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

hmmm... when you say MMR lower links, is that the same as Rear Lower Control Arms??? I put a set of adj, LCA from BMR in my car and got rid of my wheel hop problem....

Also... I don't was to sound like a a-hole here but the car should have done better than 10.2... that equates to approx. 15.9... where did you get your x-cal2 from ?

i got the xcal 2...

from demolet that was packaged with the cai. im really kinda disappointed with the passes i made so i was hoping u guys could help me out. as for the tune...theres no tuners here in west texas thatll touch an 05 mustang. so i just use the 87, 91, & 93 octane tunes that came with the sct. and the control arms...im gonna get the matching upper link and drag shocks that modular mustang racing makes. i figured id go ahead & get the rear suspension completely lined out before i make any more passes. perhaps thatll gid rid of the wheel hop for sure. thanx for the input.

stang_1320 said:

rt - .3479
60ft - 2.3063
330ft - 6.6470
1/8 et - 10.1926
1/8 mph - 68.82

Good baseline. I will give some input here, looking at your setup, you should be closer to 9.7 or 9.6. I have the TI (demolet) CAI as well, and I went from a 9.9 down to a 9.6 with Dougs tune. Doug (bamachips) has a tune for the TI CAI that is night and day difference. Give Demolet a call about it. He should be able to hook you up. If you talk to Doug or John Demolet, tell them Rygen sent you (Todd Wallace).

Good reaction time, better RT than my first time out by far.

got my rear suspension

lined out now. a pair of lakewood 50/50 drag shocks and mmr upper link. the wheelhop that killed my runs is all but gone now. im goin to the track again friday to see what kind of times i can get out of her now. ill post another thread when i get finished. thanx for the help guys.