1 Chamber flows installed

1fastTbird said:
Don't. You'll regret it on a street car. 2 chambers are bad enough with the drone. Plus, there's nothing like a 14sec street car sounding like it should run 9's :rolleyes:

I kinda agree in terms of sounding a lot meaner than the car actually is. If you want to sound really loud, then by all means, but isn't it a little like the ricers who make their cars sound very loud to make up for the lack of actual power (of course the difference here is that their "loud" sounds like crap compared to 8 cylinders). I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound level of my car and plan on getting an MRT catted H to wake it up, but I'm thinking that I may want to add a supercharger under the hood to add a good punch to it beforehand to avoid any embarrasing situations.

Just my .02 :)

• Sponsors (?)

2Stock said:
Glad I found this thread. I have the SLP catback now. The muffler shop told me that I couldn't run once chambers because of the offset. He said they would not fit under my car (2003 GT). Do you have to modify anything for them to fit? If not then I am ordering some tonight.

He told me they would have to be offset on both ends to fit a mustang.
hey bud 1 chambers are a six inch long center in and out muffler in 2.5 or 3 inches. i had them welded in the stock catback and they just angled them some, depending on the slp you may be able to just remove the resonators and have them welded in. this thread is making me miss my one chambers, they are in a buddys closet waiting to go on his stang when he gets it. spintechs sound good too,

boomshack said:
So you want louder than your current SLP setup? Just swap in an Offroad pipe and you'll be louder than any 1 chamber Flow combo I guarantee you that, anyon else agree?...unless you already have an offroad pipe with your SLP...and if you want louder than that, then my friend you are crazier than me in the sound category :nice:

Right now I have stock midpipe with the SLP catback. On my old stang I had o/r H pipe, 2 chamber flows, and long tubes and it sounded so mean. I really miss the old flowmaster sound, which is why I wanted to go with the one chambers. I have heard a car with the SLP catback and a o/r X pipe and it sounded loud, but not the sound I liked really.

If anyone has some good pics of one chambers installed, please post them so I can get an idea or maybe show it to the muffler shop.

Plus they are doing the sniff test the first of the year here, so I got to keep my cats. So I want the loudest setup I can get with cats.

For those of you who already have the 1 chambers installed on your Stangs, what combo do you have with them (o/r x or h or maybe even stock). Also, do you consider them being loud, deep toned or both. I don't really have nothing to compare against so I can't really tell. I'm after the signature stang deep growl.

2Stock said:
Right now I have stock midpipe with the SLP catback. On my old stang I had o/r H pipe, 2 chamber flows, and long tubes and it sounded so mean. I really miss the old flowmaster sound, which is why I wanted to go with the one chambers. I have heard a car with the SLP catback and a o/r X pipe and it sounded loud, but not the sound I liked really.

If anyone has some good pics of one chambers installed, please post them so I can get an idea or maybe show it to the muffler shop.

Plus they are doing the sniff test the first of the year here, so I got to keep my cats. So I want the loudest setup I can get with cats.

Gotcha!