1 Dead, 2 Injured in Car Crash; Police Suspect Drag Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
While fun, street racing is dangerous. My Dad and I finally got a chance to mess around with my Cobra and his 07 GT500. It was very hard to really get a decent race because you hit other traffic. Plus, a few times we had to back off, just because we got a little sideways. We are taking it to the track. For 25 dollars each, you won't get into trouble.

• Sponsors (?)

4lylc0g.jpg

Farking idiots should take their pos's to the track
:Track:

Screw that, my local track is already bad enough. On a busy night, you can't get **** for passes in, plus all the idiots dragging the waterbox up to the lanes, etc. Hell, ricer t-boned a 03 cobra at the track because the idiot was doing like 30mph cutting across the parking lot area.

Attachments

• 4lylc0g.jpg
    4lylc0g.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 87
I like it when they dump the clutch from the rev limiter AT the water box and they can only spin the wheels for 10 seconds before it bogs down lol It's annoying when you go racing on the Friday night rice events but funny as hell if you're just there to laugh though.

I've talked to cops here and they can't do anything about it. They pull over ricers who have lost their licenses long ago but they go to the station for a few hours and then their back on the roads. :( Cops don't know what to do anymore honestly. If it were up to me, I'd crush any FWD car driving around with winter tires up front and 19" wheels in back, or any car driven by a sideways cap kid. :D

As long as the rice stays in one night, we get the rest of the track time :D Rice is pretty bad in my town, just at lunch a gay-blue delslow was farting like there was no tomorrow. I don't understand how they can think that sounds good, or if doing 17 seconds is "Fast".

Yep, they are crowding the streets here too!!! It is all young rich kids that mommy and daddy pay for their rides. Although, Saturday on Woodward, it was packed and I didn't see one!! When you think there are a lot of ricers out here, there are a million muscle cars, they just don't get driven as much!!

100% PURE DETROIT MUSCLE!!!!!

AMERICAN HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!

just go to my local website www.monchar.com <- have a look... it's in french because I live in the province of quebec. It's mostly rice, some fast FWD cars in there but I hardly see any in person, maybe the fast imports are just as scared as I am to get my car smashed by some dumb ricer. Just from the front page, http://biggyb.monchar.com/ 16 second ricefire

i live in syr. ny ... and we have all sorts off racing in a few different areas... I agree with the fact that the majority is rice related ( young +cheap= ricer no matter how you look at it.. and the young ones are going to race4 because its a good feeling to have a thrill of some sort... and their age is , having no experience cause accidents.

My thing is I dont go to the ricer street race area's, they race in the ghetto (there was a video posted a while back about street racing, that took place in Hartford, CT, which is where the rice around me races) and I don't want me or my car to be out in that area late at night. I would rather not get shot.

The areas I go to, and people I hang out with drive Fbodies, Mustang, Vettes, etc... and for the most part they all go out and race. There are a lot of money races out here too, and the big $$ races always seem to have a Mustang or Fbody involved, and lately the other car would have been an STI or Evo (they got real popular real fast).

I have seen the ricers racing, seen the muscle cars racing, I have seen it ALL at our local strip (not race track, but street everyone drives on), and can say no one group is better than the other in their decision making skills.

I would prefer not to go down there either, but it's blocks from where my fiancee lives. I don't live under a rock. I know the domestics still street race. For that matter, I know of a few low 10, high 9 cars that street race in ne philly. They are not racing on the streets in traffic(industrial complexes, etc). There are not a million people out there. They do what they have to do and get the hell out of there. And I NEVER read about them in the paper or hear about them in the news.
PS. Daggar, if you are reading this, one of my mechanics swears he knows where the yeti can be found.(10 sec civic). I requested that it show up at the dealership. :nice:

I've done stupid **** when I was young too. I once took a jump with my ZX2 (not really on purpose, speed + bumpy road = not good) and started to loose control, the rear of the car was sliding and I was about to hit a tree on some old farm road. Know what, I've never pulled such stupid stunts ever since. The thing with the tards today is that they never learn. I hear stories about kids that have been driving only for a year on their 4th and 5th cars. At one point in life you have to stop repeating your mistakes. I've been driving for almost 15 years now and I have ZERO accidents at my fault and 4 speeding tickets lol Funny thing is no speeding tickets in a V8 car, all crappy 100hp FWD POS cars, not huge speeding tickets though, minor stuff. I also NEVER took part at a real street race, I was invited many times. I never show up at those things. It's so damn stupid knowing there's a track just 20 minutes away.

I seriously think the honda drivers don't go to the track bc they are afraid of how slow they run. Being completely honest here, but talking to a few ricers at my school, that's what I get out of it...

that's so true, here's a little funny story, about 1 year a guy that lives a couple of houses from me got a civic hatch with a T-4 turbo and a HUGE intercooler... anyways I was talking to him about the car and he said that he was pushing 16psi's and making 300whp at this point I kinda believed him.. then he started saying that the he could boost it up to 35spi's and make over 600whp...I was like wft...!! long story short I called him out in front of his friends..I finally got him to go to the track, he ran a 14.2 with 16psi's and he blew his engine at 18 psi...lol
and after he fixed it 2 weeks later the car got stolen...

that's so true, here's a little funny story, about 1 year a guy that lives a couple of houses from me got a civic hatch with a T-4 turbo and a HUGE intercooler... anyways I was talking to him about the car and he said that he was pushing 16psi's and making 300whp at this point I kinda believed him.. then he started saying that the he could boost it up to 35spi's and make over 600whp...I was like wft...!! long story short I called him out in front of his friends..I finally got him to go to the track, he ran a 14.2 with 16psi's and he blew his engine at 18 psi...lol
and after he fixed it 2 weeks later the car got stolen...

Depends what engine he was using. 600HP on a B-series is not outlandish at all, and I'm not surprised he toasted it at 18 psi. A B-series needs to be resleeved around that area. The one guy who made 406whp with his 2.0L B18-based engine is doing it around 16-18 psi with a 60-1 turbo, which is still a T4. (A T70 is also a T4 flanged turbo). His track times are crap. Either he missed every single shift or he has an extremely poor setup. Should be a 12.3 or faster.

I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures down there on a friday/saturday night. I'd paypal you a couple bucks for every mustang, camaro, vette, chevelle, nova, etc.. that you could find. It's the ricers here.
It's not generalizing here. Its a fact.

na dude, there is muscle cars up there alot, mainly 5.0's and older chevys....i only went up there 2x and wasnt racing just watching in my buddys car.......but its not just hondas
61st street is crazy lol not going back though

na dude, there is muscle cars up there alot, mainly 5.0's and older chevys....i only went up there 2x and wasnt racing just watching in my buddys car.......but its not just hondas
61st street is crazy lol not going back though

You must be thinking of something else. I go past the hess station(by the hairy donut) every fri and sat night. It's riced up. NE Philly is a different story, but south philly?? I used to work at the automall on essington and had to drive past that crap all the time.
61st street is a bad place to be regardless of what you are doing. I used to go to the m&t bank on woodland ave. That whole area sucks.

Depends what engine he was using. 600HP on a B-series is not outlandish at all, and I'm not surprised he toasted it at 18 psi. A B-series needs to be resleeved around that area. The one guy who made 406whp with his 2.0L B18-based engine is doing it around 16-18 psi with a 60-1 turbo, which is still a T4. (A T70 is also a T4 flanged turbo). His track times are crap. Either he missed every single shift or he has an extremely poor setup. Should be a 12.3 or faster.

And here to defend the ricers......

I'm suprised it took you this long.
As much as you love imports, you should talk to my little bro. He's trying to get rid of a 95 gsx eclipse. 20g turbo, front mount intercooler, relocated gm mass air, dsmlink, aem widebands, etc. He's looking for a notch, but i"m sure he'd trade for the car in your sig. Or maybe whatever it is you are driving these days..

BTW, you have an 88 cobra?? I'm sure he'd trade for that 1 of a kind.

And here to defend the ricers......

I'm suprised it took you this long.
As much as you love imports, you should talk to my little bro. He's trying to get rid of a 95 gsx eclipse. 20g turbo, front mount intercooler, relocated gm mass air, dsmlink, aem widebands, etc. He's looking for a notch, but i"m sure he'd trade for the car in your sig. Or maybe whatever it is you are driving these days..

BTW, you have an 88 cobra?? I'm sure he'd trade for that 1 of a kind.

This has been discussed many, many times. I'm amazed you haven't heard it. Canadian GT's were labeled Cobra GTs. I just put it in there because it looks somewhat cooler. Eclipses aren't my thing... looking at a 1991 Skyline GT-R right now. It's extremely tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.