+1 for Pro-M

Well........it's finally installed! :flag:

All I had to do was cut the oval connector off of a Mercury Sable and switch/splice it in to my pigtail so that it would fit the oval adapter on the new mass air flow.

For those who have forgotten, I am referring to the 75mm Pro-M mass air that I was having problems with upon installation. Anyway, it's IN, and I am HAPPY!:D

I've heard folks tell me that switching to a bigger MAF isn't worth the money b/c they don't amount to any significant gains in hp.:bs: From what I've already experienced, this is NOT the case.

I'm telling you, this ****ing car SCREEEEEAMS on the highway now. I've noticed a LOT more pull in the mid to high rpms, and it almost seems like it revs up smoother too. :nice: Now, you DO lose a little down low when you first punch the gas as it almost seems to hesitate a bit, but that comes with the territory when you upgrade to a bigger TB or MAF. On the other hand, the slight loss down low is EASILY made up for in the gains in the middle and up top. Like I said, I LOVE fourth gear on the highway now b/c the 75mm MAF allows SO much more air flow at higher speeds. It's GREAT!

I am SOOOOO pleased with the results I just wanted to tell everyone in case they were on the fence between upgrading their MAF or not. Just DO IT! Now, I don't know if everyone's is as pleased with their C&L or Granatelli mass air flows, but this Pro-M mass air is incredible!

Just my .02

• Sponsors (?)

I just went outside and started it so this is the FIRST morning I've started my car cold with the new 75mm Pro-M. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN COLD IDLE I'M TELLING YOU THIS MAF IS THE ****NIT! My car is always prone to a rough cold idle in which the rpms SPIKE to 1500 then DROP down to 500 where it usually wants to die then it will SPIKE back up to 1500 then DROP down to 500 and sputter and after about 1 minute of that it will start idling normal at 750 or so.

THIS time I started it and it HELD A STEADY IDLE at 1,000 rpms for about 20 sec. and then it fell right down to the perfect idle at 750. I almost shed tears at how well she was runnin this morning.

And another thing. Sometimes my car will die if I'm in the middle of accelerating and I have to slam on the brakes and press in the clutch real quick. My buddies have told me this is due to the big camshaft I'm running and how it will lose vacuum if I hit the brakes and the clutch too fast.

Well.......this problem appears to be gone as well. I drove it around for about 5 min. and did everything I could to kill it by slamming on the brakes and pressing the clutch and it simply WOULD NOT DIE. Every time I pressed in the clutch the rpms fell straight to 900 and held steady until it resumed idle at 750.

These two problems solved, to me, are more important then the noticeable hp gains I've achieved. Again...........thank you Pro-M (or P-MAS) or whoever you are. I appreciate it!