10,000 Cash...Advice on which GT to buy?????

mity2 said:
thats true, but then 380HP, and capability to handle alot more with relative ease.... :hail2:
If you can find one for around $25g, with $10000 downpayment, you should be able to get payments down to something like $200 and some :shrug:

i would do that

He said he isnt going for alot of power though. Sounds like in your situation it would be best to just find a 99+ GT in good shape. If you want a car that has serious power stock and even more potential then buy an 03 cobra but if you are just looking for a nice car with decent power in the 10K range that is realiable go for the 99+ GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I'm looking for something good with power but not too much power. I wouldnt mind car payments as i was paying 500.00 a month for my truck up until October. I got a quote for insurance on a 2000 GT and it's 3500 for 6 months....CRAZY! But when i had my other mustangs I got tickets like every day I swear. So.... I want something I can pay cash for so I wont have to have full coverage insuarance, only liability. Which is still like 1200 for 6 months...not to mention I live in MD and the dumb under 25 years old thing is making it alot too! Oh well, choices choices....I was thinkin a 99+GT but now I am leaning towards the SN95 Body style for around 5 or 6k and then put about 4000 into it...but what is better to mod and easier...the 4.6 96-98 or the 5.0 94-95 ? I wish I still had my 91 GT!! what to do what to do...hmm...

Hold off if you can. Save and add to that money.

Get a 2006 or 2007 GT since by then they'll have the kinks worked out (let the fanatical 05 buyers be the guinea pigs for you). First year Fords are historically a heap of troubles waiting to reveal themselves.

By then you should be seeing some sweet rebates anyhow, and the service people might actually know a little something about the new platform should it need some fixing under warranty.

The pre-05's are relics. They are nice relics in that they remind you a lot of the old-school ways (a raw, sometimes unsettling demeanor). Is that really what you want? Call me wierd, but it is what I wanted... a car that demands I pay attention to what I am doing... otherwise I just want to go to sleep behind the wheel.

The new Mustang is actually reasonably up to date (but by comparison to the old platform, a fricken modern marvel), and no need of Orangutan arms to work the shifter.

94/95 with the 5.0 is easier and cheaper to mod, might be harder to find one in good shape but if you can find one go for it, unless you have your heart set on a mod motor. 96-98 dont let people tell you they are dogs because it doesnt take much to make them just as fast as 99+. If u do go for a 96-98 first thing to do is the PI headswap then you will be eating 99+ all day. I would still go for the 99+ GT's, the 94-95 5.0's I dont think are as realiable and it will be harder to find one, 96-98 if you can find a good deal on one I would go for that and then PI headswap, the headswap will cost you about 2K, if you cant find a good deal on a 96-98 go for the 99+, or if you can find a really good deal on a 99+.

Sick96Stang said:
94/95 with the 5.0 is easier and cheaper to mod, might be harder to find one in good shape but if you can find one go for it, unless you have your heart set on a mod motor. 96-98 dont let people tell you they are dogs because it doesnt take much to make them just as fast as 99+. If u do go for a 96-98 first thing to do is the PI headswap then you will be eating 99+ all day. I would still go for the 99+ GT's, the 94-95 5.0's I dont think are as realiable and it will be harder to find one, 96-98 if you can find a good deal on one I would go for that and then PI headswap, the headswap will cost you about 2K, if you cant find a good deal on a 96-98 go for the 99+, or if you can find a really good deal on a 99+.

The 94/95 5.0 can last over 200k miles and are very reliable. I personally have had 2 that have lasted that long. One is up to 240k and still going. Only thing that ever has failed is a water pump. I would have gotten a 99+ if the money was present but i am only a college kid. Well my 94 has about 300rwhp now and I freshly rebuilt it. With car i have spent 8k on it to get that power.

Revision and Questions!

I have come across a 1991 GT Convertible for an incredible price. I have included pics....please check them out...The GT is in great condition, what do you think ? I could get this and sink some money into it for an exhaust, heads, etc...maybe even a supercharger... One question, off topic... What is the widest rim and tire combo I could do on a fox body? I wanted to do a 295/35/18 on the rear of the SN95...what about the fox? Thanks in advance!! :nice:

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IM000249.JPG
    IM000249.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
ive seen that mustang before, its beautiful, i think it has a cardomain site, i was looking for green/color two tones w/ green on top, to get an idea for my car, and i saw that one and loved it, but i went w the lighter calypso green
Paul Perreca

My $10k Was Awarded To '98 GT Vert

I got a '98 GT Vert last month for 8k. Had 92k miles but it was in good condition and original owner had all service records not to mention keeping it inside a garage. It needs new seal in rear (Getting 4.10 gearing when this gets fixed next week), had a small leak in top near rear window in a seam (took some nylon tape and covered inside the seam- can't see the tape there). I'm planning to spend about $2k in mods on it: subframe connectors, strut tower frame, 4.10s, MGW shifter, Magnaflow catback and magnaflow catted-x midpipe and then cold air kit. Depending on how much is leftover, some fashion of PI mods, hopefully the whole package. This car is a daily driver for me and I really love dropping the top as you can imagine. I plan to drive this one for about two years, sell it then hopefully will be able to find a decent '03-'04 Cobra 'Vert or '02-'04 Corvette Vert (Still shuddering from my only experience with only Chevy). I had also recently paid off a '99 F150 Lariat Supercab which was busting me for over $500/month. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off! Good luck on finding yourself another 'Stang to play with. As we all know, there's a lot of them out there!