10' new edge vs 99'-04' new edge?

newedgestang02

May 5, 2008
Hey guys, Just been crusing the net looking at all the pics of the 10' mustang gt, and I honestly cant help but wonder what all of you first gen new edge owners thing of the styling. I really think that ford did a great job on the interior of the new stang, but for exterior styling, I think our body style 99-04 will NEVER be surpased. The size on all new "muscle" cars are way out of proportion. Our beloved mustangs on the other hand, are nice and small with great proportions and body lines. And the overall feel is just perfect. I think ford is going the wrong way with the mustang, there taking the rawness( if thats a word) and it just feels like a mustang and a bmw had a baby.

Just ranting and raving about how much in love I still am over our 99-04 mustangs!!

Whos with me, what are your thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Interior is awesome on the '10 models.

Exterior looks good, but I will make my final call if I get the chance to see one up close in person.

They have some awesome options from the dealership though. TONS of wheel choices, optional dealer installed and WARRENTIED superchargers, 3.73 gears available...

Ford is doing alot to make them sell and I think they will do very well.

I do love the 99-04's though, no doubt about it.

I'm with you as well (I include 96-04), although I think the '10 is an improvement over the 05-09 models with the changes to the rear haunches. A friend of mine took me for a ride in his 06 (Grey with the Red interior) and I walked away very impressed with the solid underlying platform. So styling wise, the 10s are better but still prefer the SN95/New Edge size and styling, but I can see at some point in the future having a Victory Blue or Grabber blue with the correct striping in my driveway - just not anytime soon.

Have to see it in person. FWIW I grew up in the fox body age and never cared for the '94-98 body style and when the '99 style was first put in magazines I hated it. It looked too squared off, headlights looked funny, etc... Then when they hit the lots I happened to go with a friend looking at trucks and took a few minutes to look at the Mustangs and immediately changed my mind.

The '05+ and '10 are nice in their own way but I feel getting too big and heavy. Imagine what a 3v 4.6 would be like in a 3k lb chassis like the fox body from Ford. It would have completely changed the perception that every non-ford owner has of the Mustang that they are heavy and underpowered.

Bill

I love my 01 GT but think the new 2010 is one great stang. I saw another video with more of the rear-end last night and it actually looks really good. The whole car just flows and the interior is a big step up from the 05-09. I would love to get a 2010 and probably will someday when I can pick up a used one for under 20k, for now I have big spring mods for my 01.

Before the 99 Mustang came out I owned 2 Z-28's then 2 Maxima SE's.
Then I saw the 99 Mustang and was shocked :eek: at how much I liked the new
style. I never even liked Mustangs before the 99. Now Im on my second
Stang. The 05 up arn't to bad but the owners seem to have a "Holyer than thou"
attitude. But I may end up with a newer model someday myself cause I still
like Stangs #1. :flag:

I love the interior of the '10 but I hate the exterior. There is something about that front end I just can't stand. They have some amazing options for the car so I think that will help sell it but just not for me. I never cared for the 05+ but it grew on me. I always thought they looked kind of bland but could be made to look very nice.

I just hope Ford didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the motor. The Camaro is going to be a hit with the 425hp LS3 and a MSRP of low $30k.

I owned an '03 GT, so i'll have a soft spot for them...but i could definitely see myself owning an '10 and up Mustang.

If they ever put a mod 5.0 in them, then i think they will have a perfect car!