1000 dallors of horsepower

05STANGnick

Aug 8, 2005
Alright I posted a poll before and so far the results are too close to call. so, heres the situation I am going to order a 2006 v6 mustang with the pony package and Im woundering will it be fast. the deal is I have 1000 dallors to spend and I want to make the most of them in a horsepower and acceleration aspect
sorry about spelling I was rushed

• Sponsors (?)

With an extra thousand sitting in my pocket, I'd probably go with a CAI/Xcal tune plus a free flowing single axle-back exhaust, like the Ford Racing (Borla) or Magnaflow. That would probably put you right around $1000.

I haven't done a tune or intake yet... I've yet to see a CAI that I really dig.

I'm not usually someone who corrects someone else, but it's spelled DOLLARS. The spelling in this post brings down the intellect of us all. but yea I would go w/ SCT

Pony package comes with 17x8" wheels (not 18"), plus the rear sway bar and larger front. Nothing from a HP standpoint.

If you read all these threads, it seems like the best HP mods (bang for buck) proceeds as follows...

1) Nitrous (100+ HP for around $700)
2) SCT Xcal2 (more HP, no throttle lag, better auto shifts, etc) - $400
3) CAI - $200-$300
4) Cat-back dual exhaust w/ X-pipe & high flow mufflers - $600-$800 installed

You may be able to get #2,3,4 for a little over 1G, probably good for 30+ N/A HP.

what size nitrous bottle? Anywhere from $30 to $150 depending on what size bottle ya got.

Nitrous i have found for $540.
Tuner for $350-$380
Gt axle back $50 with shipping?
that keeps ya around $950, that way you can go to a dyno for half an hour to check your A/F ratio to make sure its safe after the ZEX install.