$1000 for more power!!!

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
say everyone had $1000 for bolt ons to increase hp on the new muzzy.What would you do to get the most bang for your buck( without voiding warranty) and how much hp inrease would you get? Please share your ideas!!!
Too much complaining of the 300 horses ford gave to us.We just need to put our heads together and share ideas for improvement.

• Sponsors (?)

First things first...improve the basics. Air intake and exit. Which means improving air intake and exhuast flow. Cat-back will be hard since the mufflers are right at the rear of the vehicle and behind the bumper. Looks like the oval cobra style throttle bodies will fit and supposedly magnaflow and Steeda have catbacks in the works. Also dont forget xpipes and high flow cats. Then we have the underdrive pulley kits. Everything will be out...Steeda shuld have parts ava. as soon as the vehicle goes on sale as will Roush and Shinoda. All i know is im gettin mine but not sure if im going to wait for next spring or go ahead and get it this fall. :shrug:

Who knows what the modding possibilities are yet? Who knows how much power the car is actually making? Does anyone from the general pulic have one yet, let alone have one dynoed? From jsut the pictures the intake and exhaust look pretty freflowing to me. The intake has less bends and goes straing into the manifold with now upper plenum like current GTs. The exaust has only 2 cats as is.

I would guess the best bang for the buck would be some computer tuning with the new variable cam timing (or whatever it's called) and maybe gears. Other then that I'm not sure how much traditional mods likes pullies, CAI, exhaust, etc... will increase performance.

To me, it seems the more power these smallish high winding N/A V8s come with from the factory, the less potential or room to grow they have with minor bolt ons just like when they switched from the 5.0 to 4.6.

I don't know what you could do with a grand, but some fatter meats in the back and 4:10's might make a zippier ride out of the same 300 ponies.

Beyond that Certainly a K&N will be available and maybe some exhaust set ups.

Given the rather prolonged wait the 96+ 4.6 guys had to get some mods for their GT's, It could be quite a while before summit racing has an extensive list of go fast goodies available.