$1000 to rewire my car? Deal or not?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Killer50stang, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Killer50stang

Killer50stang New Member

I just recently had alot of wiring done to my car, which is a pretty sweet job but the cost was insane! I had my battery relocated to the rear in my trunk into a box, looks sweet! I have relays to the fan and fuel pump. They also hooked up my gauge pod behind the dash, got all gauges working correctly and installed and connected my boost and water temp gauge pod. Switches were ran, 5" Tach and pod installed, new alternator. He said it was $500 plus parts. Sound right?
  2. The Shape

The Shape Founding Member

If he provided all of the parts and then you figure in his labor I suppose that isn't that bad. It is something you could have saved cash on yourself, but if you didn't feel confident doing the wiring or didn't have the free time it sounds pretty fair.
  3. jrichker

jrichker StangNet's favorite TOOL SN Certified Technician Founding Member

At maybe $50 an hour, that's 10 hours and not excessive for the amount of work you said was done.

Good electrical work can be hard to find because many mechanics don't have a good grasp of electrical theory and practice. That makes the price go up for the guys that do quality work.
  4. 04sleeper

04sleeper Founding Member

Albums:
    True. You would be suprised on how fast 10 hours can go by when you are wiring up something correctly and taking your time.