11:1+ Compression on Pump gas?

• Sponsors (?)

351w, 12.5:1 comp., Iron heads, 150 shot of nitrous... Exxon Super is all that is used!! Tried 100 octane race gas and the car actually ran slower!! IMO this much compression is not worth the aggrivation between the car running hotter and blowing up 4 stock starters than finally laying down 350$ for a Mean Green starter.. 11:1 compression you wont have any problems on pump gas as long as you keep the car running cool.. An MSD Ignition retard box in the car is also a good thing to have just in case! Well worth the money..

90mustangGT said:
I think I will stay in the mid-10's in compression. There wouldn't be that much difference between the two in power would there?
What,,like 10.5:1 ??? Dude,,just go 11.Anything past 11:1 you should use octane booster,,or if you can afford it use 93,and cut it with Cam2 race gas :nice: I would love to rebuild my 302,make it 12:1 and make it a true roller motor :nice:

willys1 said:
Are those just for GM? or does everyone use it?

Nope all 1996 and newer makes and models sold in the us have to be OBD II (gvt. regulation to meet emissions standards). Ford/Chevy/chrysler/Nissian/BMW and all others have it. Some of the domestic guys started using OBD II in production cars in 94-95. FYI the new thing is CANS (ODB III). Neat ****. On some vehicles you can go into "engineering mode" and do lots of cool stuff.