11.3 on stock lower and upper pulley no port

Status
Not open for further replies.

03mustangcobra

Mar 21, 2006
At MIR a little piece of history was made. ALMO ran an 11.3X at 122 mph with stock heads, non ported blower, stock upper and lower pulley!!!

I would not have belived it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. The run was backed up with a 11.59 that was 2 tenhts slower on the 60 ft, so could have been a quick peek at the 10's if the 60 was spot on!!!

Almo, 12 secgt, screminsvt, ITLOWNU all post here to verify that my facts are straight.

Alan, congrats man!!!

• Sponsors (?)

No trying to say it didn't happen, but there's got to be more to this story then what you've posted.

What mods DOES the car have? A/T or T-56? IRS or 8.8? Exhaust? CAI? No way it's bone stock and pulled those times.

I do know it weighs only a tick over 3000 lbs. without driver so it's been on a very serious diet! Not to take anything away from his effort, but you need to post up his complete modification list and what he did to shave 600lbs from the car. The way you posted this you make it sound as if he did all this with a stock Terminator.

U.M.

P.S. This post should be in the Talk, not Tech section.

Besides only weighing 3080 pounds it also has a stick axle and some serious rear suspension mods. Car was running slicks & skinnys and launches at 5K so he's cuttings a pretty serious 60'. I just think the original post was very misleading and should have been clarified by the thread starter.

U.M.

As far as I know there's no spray guys.... Just a very lightweight '03 with 435RWHP, a well set up straight axle, slicks, and a driver who can row the gears. Think about it.... his car is ALMOST a half ton lighter than a standard 03/04 Cobra... I can see it happening... I'll bet the DA was pretty good that day too!

U.M.

You may be right. I missed your post on the "serious diet". They say every 100lbs is worth a tenth, so 800-1000 pounds off the weight would get you pretty close to those numbers I guess.

Wow!!

Only this site got out the haters!!! Nothing in my post was incorrect, and as far as misleading I did not say that the car was bone stock, only that the motor, heads, upper and lowers were stock.

The post was not designed to piss people off, but instead to prompt intelligent discussion. That is exactly what happened on modularfords and svtperformance.

I was suprised that this site did not have a similar experience.

So, yes lots of weight saving, solid axle, slicks and skinnies, but no spray.

Thanks for posting Hayden... you da man! :hail2: I haven't been to this site in long time so I apologize for not replying sooner.

I didn't do anything more than what anybody else could have done with an 03/04 Cobra. :D

I'm not the type to hide anything and will list my mods below. By the way, the car went 11.17 @ 125 today. :nice:

Cheers,
Allen

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang Cobra (36K miles)

Times to date:
60' - 1.73
1/8 - 7.23
MPH - 99.17
1/4 - 11.17
MPH - 125.12

Engine:
K&N air kit,
Ugly Steeda idler kit/pulley (sorry Steeda but its true, change your pulley looks already)
Odyssey battery
LDC cooling mod

Blower:

Stock Eaton, no upper or lower pulley and non-ported
Stock throttle body and inlet

Fuel, Induction, and Tune:

SCT Tune on 93 in 60 degree weather made 440/419 SAE and it seen 9.1 pounds of boost and had 23 to 24 degrees timing in it…

Drivetrain/ Suspension:
MGW T-56 shifter
8.8 SRA with moser 31 splines and a torsen diff (welded tubes and tq boxes)
FRPP 3.73 gears
Antiroll bar
SPEC stage III, stock recut flywheel
26 spline input shaft
Drive shaft loop tied into Excessive’s custom made subframes
UPR K member and A arm setup with coilovers
Steeda Sport Springs (Rear)
Aluminum upper and lower control arms with spherical bushings in the uppers

Exhaust:
MAC long tube headers
MAC 3” off road mid-pipe
MAC 3” catback dumps

Brakes:
GT calipers and rotors in the rear

Interior:
Corbeau leather legacy seats
Vinyl rear seat delete kit

Exterior:
2.5 Cowl Hood
Aluminum bumper supports (front and rear)

Wheels and Tires:
Weld Draglites 15X10s and 15X4s with MT front runners and 28X11.5 MT full slicks

Outstanding (weight reduction):
Rear amp/rack and speakers removed
Support beams in doors removed
Sound Deadening scrapped out of the car
Rear and passenger seat belts removed

My 11.32 run a few weeks ago...
1132march25.jpg

Most recent run today...
1117.jpg

Few pictures of the car
seat.jpg

engine.jpg

cowl.jpg

Besides only weighing 3080 pounds it also has a stick axle and some serious rear suspension mods. Car was running slicks & skinnys and launches at 5K so he's cuttings a pretty serious 60'. I just think the original post was very misleading and should have been clarified by the thread starter.

U.M.

I wouldn't say my rear has serious suspension mods... I am running Steeda sport springs and Alum CA. I haven't went with a drag spring (or Bullitt) and or no chromoly light weight race upper and lowers yet. :nice: And this also counters your serous 60' statement, I don't have the rear setup as we went with a generic setup to see what it would do. 1.67 has been my best short time and that by far is way off to everyone else seeing how most others are in the 1.50s. Just thought I would toss this out and cover a few things.

*EDIT* Locking this thread before it gets out of hand like the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.