1100 HP N/A. Is It Possible & How

• Sponsors (?)

i dont see it being possible. Internal Combustion engines are too inefficient to produce that much power without some sort of power adder. (average motor only turns 20% of its energy into useful power)
i could be way off, but thats my opinion.
apparently i was wrong. you'll need a DEEEEP wallet

Just so happens this car makes 1100hp and 1300 ft.lbs with a naturally aspirated big-block.

Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition - Supercars.net

And it only took a measly 780 cubic inches to do it. Although the compression is a street-friendly 11.5 to 1.

I'm sure a less street friendly 600+ci big block could do it as well. You can build 1100hp on pretty much any size engine if you've got the $$. I'm sure if you could fork out the tens of thousands required to have all the special internals you could even get a 302 spinning fast enough to make that power, but it would not be streetable at all lol.

i was doing a 572 bbf with A heads 14:1 motor. i talked to a motor shop here and they said they had just did a motor with all the about the same thing i had and they was making little over 1100 on the eng dyno. my crank was billet. they said the heads was ported to the max. he said they played with the headers. they started out at 2x3.5. he said it made the most power with 2 1/4x4 headers.

doing a motor like that is some money. i had about 15,000 in it and i did not have all the parts i needed.

I wonder what would be the limit for a 302 based N/A SBF??

I have a customer with a 360ci motor that makes in excess of 760-780hp (hard to get a good reading on the chassis dyno with an auto and a loose converter), 14:1comp, car goes high 8's all motor @149mph, 3150lbs on Hossier Drag Radials. 9200rpm shift point.

Be prepared to open up the checkbook to make that kind of power. You'll find most of the NMRA Hot Street cars 400+ci make well over 800hp, and about $40,000 in the motor. 2+ hp per cube is getting it done :nice:

i dont see it being possible. Internal Combustion engines are too inefficient to produce that much power without some sort of power adder. (average motor only turns 20% of its energy into useful power)

yea... wrong...

the race ar makes into the upper 9's (987 i think) with everything being set up to run nitrous. im sure if you changed the cam out you should be able to get near the mid 1000 range on the small block... i dont see a problem doing it with a big block

yea... wrong...

:nice: