115k too high for vortech????

• Sponsors (?)

No idea dude. But I have read this exact same post enough before to tell you that you prolly need a compression and leakdown test to really tell you the condition of your short block. If that checks out OK, then go for it.

But don't take my word for it, I have no clue when it comes to blowers. Search and ye shall find scores of threads on this very same question.

Probably no problem if you get a tuning device to kick back the timing with your boost. My car had 150k+ miles on it with 14psi with no problems using a PMS to control timing. I would limit yours to 9psi just because of the Hyper pistons.

speedytang said:
Probably no problem if you get a tuning device to kick back the timing with your boost. My car had 150k+ miles on it with 14psi with no problems using a PMS to control timing. I would limit yours to 9psi just because of the Hyper pistons.
+1

also like said above, get a compression test and/or leakdown test to get some kind of idea about the condition of the cylinders.

compression and leakdown test for sure....

i was stupid and put my blower on without doing so and ended up ripping it right back off and throwing a fresh s/b back in. bad rings.....