11's Finally...But Kicked Off the Track

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
Well I finally made it out to run the car. The car has been down for the last year (been in Korea)
It was a last minuet thing..so I didn't run the skinnies, pull the sway bar, bump the timing, or run race gas.
This was my first time running with the 18's up front so I wasn't sure if it was gonna slow me down.
The first go I came out super slow (testing the car/track out) went a 4.0 60 ft (ha ha)
Went 13.9 @ 126.3
The second go I came out at 3500rpm went a 1.76 60ft but missed my 2-3 shift and ran 11.51 @ 123.9
They said if I ran in the 11's again I was gone (no cage)
The third go I launched a lil harder and went 1.61, went 7.31 @ 98 in the 1/8th...but I stood on the brakes in hopes of slowing her down.
I went 11.9@88mph on that run and they told me don't come back untill it's legal.
I think the last run would have been a low 11 easily...but I'm kinda pist because I really want to see the times on this thing.
These were my first 11 sec passes ever...I ran the new motor once before in the 1/8th and it went 7.41@97...

Time to turn the boost up..10psi is weak sauce.
Any inputs?

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Black70Fastback said:
thats kind of what im afraid of with my car. what is the cut off for needing a cage? did they get pretty pissed or just nicely ask you to leave?
Yeah, i can't wait to see you beat by another mazda tribute, this time at the track. I'd change that carb if i were you!
Lee :spot: the smiley was just added cuz it looks cool

The first run they said..."We know you dogged it out of the hole...slow it down, if your mph goes up any more your done for the night"

The second run

"Slow down this is the last warning...."
Then as I pulled up for my third run, they came to the window and said
"Your not gonna run a 11 right?"

I heard from some people that as soon as I launched the guys down there were radioing down to the timeslip booth..."Tell him not to come back untill it's legal"

When I picked my slip up he said to go home...I said I was on the brakes...he said no kidding 11.9 @ 88mph...ha ha

Anything quicker than 11.99 they said I need
5pt Roll bar
Firejacket...
Some kinda harnesses
SFI bellhouseing

and the stuff I already have, helmet and a loop

i wish i had money for a 331 with a blower. But instead i'm struggling to make my insurance payments, the last of my car payments, and putting in a transmission. Ah, oh well i guess. I'd like to see him and an S7 go at it. It would put SUCH a big smile on his face. And mine.

Those are some nice times! 11.9@88 :lol: time for better brakes :rlaugh:
Where did you make the runs? If it was here in Az, there are only three tracks, and they are all NHRA rules. I haven't been to the track in Tucson, but the ones in town are strict about the fast cars.

thats awesome man. i hope to run in the 11s with mine. like said before, i would of just let it all hang out on the last run just see. i can't believe that you need a sfi bellhousing, i didn't think you needed that until hte 10s. so how long you home for?

amazing times, thats got to be the lowest trap speed i have ever seen with that time. I would agree to leave the boost where its at until you get the cae, harness, etc. and then see what that thing can really run.

-Drew

randomjoker said:
11.9 with the brakes. :rlaugh:

Goodjob, next time go all out. Don't turn up the boost, play it safe you don't even know what your running yet.

YEAH, talk about the Ricers with the hazar lights blow by, you could do the brake light blow by..but then again with an 11.9, they will be too far away to even see the brake lights!!:rlaugh::lol:
RC