Roush 11th Annual Saleen Show Irvine (Pics)

Is that pic of the blue (looks to be a vert) an original color? Not sure i've ever seen it as a factory color on a foxbody.
I'm guessing the chevy decals are kills, those are gay.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea,

Funny how fast you responded to the thread losman . We all know they lurk. Even Billy did. :)

losman. Tell me. If Steve was the last to leave how did you know if you had already left? Is that like if a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it.... well you know what I'm saying. I could say more but I won't about why Steve is really gone. It's much worse than anyone can imagine.

What I can say is that to save the marketability of the brand, things happened the way they did and I'm fine with that.

Clos, I know you are a hardcore Saleen franchise player but you didn't have to be the "fall guy" for the show not hapenning in Irvine this year. It was decided in May and if you were told otherwise, that sucks. Saleen had been offered 100% assistance by the two largest Saleen clubs to save the show. :(

Is it illegal for JDM to drive their rig all the way to Irvine? They could have easily made the trip to showcase all that is being done with the new relationship with Speedlab and still ran at the Speedway.

I know a fellow named Bob who spoke as highly of his employer as you do now. That was a long time ago. Things happen sometimes that are totally out of your control. It will be how you deal with them when they happen and how others view that transition also.

Anyway, I think Frank should receive a nice plaque from Saleen for all of the work he has done over the years contributing to producing the show. This is the thanks he gets? He didn't even get a phone call. Either way, Thanks Frank. You are OK in my book buddy.

Oh don't I miss Anaheim, Long Beach and Whatney. Those were the days.

I would still like to think that there is hope. Hope and faith is what keeps most people going day in and day out so if Saleen is still in Irvine next year It would be nice for them to at least allow the show in a similar fashion even though cars are not actually built there any longer. How severed are they from the real world and Saleen's largest fanbase anyway? It's ridiculous. I won't even use any analogies. If it's set up properly the show can be profitable through a larger parts sale and other venues. It's not rocket science.

I made my point and that's how I feel about it. Let's look forward to Fontana and see what it brings. Clos. You are on center stage. Make us proud.

I'm guessing the chevy decals are kills, those are gay.

.....tell us how you really feel about those chevy emblems! Damn Joe, cut the guy some slack.

.....Marcus, there is no need to explain yourself just like there is no need for me to do the same. I think everyone got the point we were trying to make. You and I know exactly what happened with Steve and Liz and that will never be brought to life, espcially from a current Saleen employee. They are obligated to back there employers request even if it is complete BS. If anyone really thought that Steve would "retire" from his own company only to take another CEO job with a foreign based import car company, I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you.:bs: Oh yeah and I'm selling my S351 speedster for a BIN price of $6,000 just western union me the money but I can't get you any pictures right now because I'm in nigeria taking care of a few family issues.....

It's unfortunate that you feel that way, especially when most of your info is not correct. The decision was not made in May to cancel the show, I should know, I was the one who contacted SCOA to have them help us (which was about in July), and they are still involved in the process and will be involved in Fontana, we met with Dennis this week about it.

Every mustang club in California and neighboring states that has contact info somewhere on the web has been contacted, multiple times, to have them participate, and contribute to the show if they want. If that info was not given to you by people in your club, then I am sorry to hear that. We want to have every club there and involved, so far SCOA, SOEC and Stangpede are all contributing volunteers and resources for events.

Change is not always a bad thing, and it's not forever. Deviation from the norm opens us up to new experiences and opportunities to things that are unheard of in a car show or event of this nature. We would not have moved this event if we didn't think it was going to be well worth it, and I know if you come to Fontana you will not regret it.

:Track: Hope to see you there...

Yea,

Funny how fast you responded to the thread losman . We all know they lurk. Even Billy did. :)

losman. Tell me. If Steve was the last to leave how did you know if you had already left? Is that like if a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it.... well you know what I'm saying. I could say more but I won't about why Steve is really gone. It's much worse than anyone can imagine.

What I can say is that to save the marketability of the brand, things happened the way they did and I'm fine with that.

Clos, I know you are a hardcore Saleen franchise player but you didn't have to be the "fall guy" for the show not hapenning in Irvine this year. It was decided in May and if you were told otherwise, that sucks. Saleen had been offered 100% assistance by the two largest Saleen clubs to save the show. :(

Is it illegal for JDM to drive their rig all the way to Irvine? They could have easily made the trip to showcase all that is being done with the new relationship with Speedlab and still ran at the Speedway.

I know a fellow named Bob who spoke as highly of his employer as you do now. That was a long time ago. Things happen sometimes that are totally out of your control. It will be how you deal with them when they happen and how others view that transition also.

Anyway, I think Frank should receive a nice plaque from Saleen for all of the work he has done over the years contributing to producing the show. This is the thanks he gets? He didn't even get a phone call. Either way, Thanks Frank. You are OK in my book buddy.

Oh don't I miss Anaheim, Long Beach and Whatney. Those were the days.

I would still like to think that there is hope. Hope and faith is what keeps most people going day in and day out so if Saleen is still in Irvine next year It would be nice for them to at least allow the show in a similar fashion even though cars are not actually built there any longer. How severed are they from the real world and Saleen's largest fanbase anyway? It's ridiculous. I won't even use any analogies. If it's set up properly the show can be profitable through a larger parts sale and other venues. It's not rocket science.

I made my point and that's how I feel about it. Let's look forward to Fontana and see what it brings. Clos. You are on center stage. Make us proud.

I have nothing to hide. Saleen is going through constant change and there are two sides to every issue and peole can believe what they want and say whatever they want. To make it short and simple...Steve wanted it done one way and others wanted it done the other way. We can spend 100% of our time marketing the brand or we can spend 100% of our time servicing the people who want to buy the brand or have the brand. For a long time we haven't serviced anyone. Now it is my responsiblility to. "miss the long beach, whatney days" I miss the whatney, I started right after the long beach but I also miss the showroom customers hanging out days as well as the SSCA racing days. My ideal situation would be to have parts for cusotmers when they want them, not have warranty issue after warranty issue and have multiple shows for all customers around the U.S. Florida we sell the most Saleen's and how do we service them? we have a show in California.....I would like to reach out to everyone and maybe FFw isn't the answer but it is a start. corporate head quarters shows will still happen but with all the chaos for the past few months we all kept thinking on what to do. for the record, Carlos (myself) is the one who moved the show to fontana and I will take the bad along with the good because at the end of the day atleast we are having something. frank has been asked to be involved and stated he wasn't sure he can make it. either way, he is a long time saleen fan and I will do whatever I can to make him happy as well as involved but i cannot make him go if he doesn't want to. I am trying to have ALL mustang/saleen clubs involved in anything we do because lets face it, we are all fans of the mustang and I think we would have a better time if we all get to see what people like and what kind of style they have. Irvine will turn into the personalization/speedlab center or Saleen fans as well as for peole who would like to spice up their mustang and or truck. Thats my reponsibility and we can go back and forth on who said what, why what happened but we will never ever get the real answer.

p.s. we have a spy cam and we saw steve leave last. :eek: and we have footage of the mini car show last weekend :jaw:

carlos

Speedster.

From the lightspeed fast response from Mr. Devil it's apparent you are right on with your knowledge. It only proves one thing. They know Troy looks at internet chatter also. It's ok Jared that you didn't know. I have heard from others you are a nice guy so it will good to see you in Fontana. Trust me, you will become less loyal and more cynical the older you get. You won't be able to help it. At 22 years old I just as ambitious.

Holding the Saleen show at California Speedway is like holding the America's Cup in the Salton Sea. Awesome. :)

Peace

Awesome Carlos.

There are other cameras also. As you can see we had a great time. The best part is that there may be video of Speedster's S351 getting a jump start.

I know you have been around a while. I'm still suprised you didn't fight harder for the show in Irvine. I'll just leave it at that.

:)

.....tell us how you really feel about those chevy emblems! Damn Joe, cut the guy some slack.

I just can't. You guys know i hate anything on a saleen that wasn't meant to be there, or isn't a saleen brand part. I don't mind updating to newer saleen parts, via rims, decals.

Those chevy emblems would be the equivalent of drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. In fact, i'd rather see a mustache on the mona lisa. In fact, i'd rather see on mustache on the mona lisa.

Also Note, i apologize to you marcus for posting on this page, from the looks of it, you wanted page 2 to be all yours, lol.

Geez & here I thought I was the bitter, cynical old man on this site regarding Saleen Inc. :eek:

FWIW my personal opiinion about the decision to incorporate the annual Saleen show into the Fun Ford Weekend event merely epitomizes what Marcus, Robert, myself & others like us have been saying about Saleen Inc. for quite some time. To whit, the new owners don't give a rip about the heritage of the company or the enthusiasts who've supported it over the past 2 decades unless they can be exploited to promote the existing company & its products.

The beauty of the annual show being conducted @ Saleen's Irvine facility was that it was a relatively small, laid back show that allowed Saleen enthusiasts (both young & old) to hang out, meet new friends, greet old friends & generally enjoy a pleasant day in the shadow of the company's HQ.

The fact that Saleen Inc. has chosen to abandon that congenial atmosphere for the hustle & bustle of an impersonal mega-event like FFW demonstrates that promoting the brand (& I do mean "brand" in all its negative connotations) takes precedent over the desires of those of us who have faithfully provided our own personal promotion of the company & products created by Steve & Liz.

Equally illustrative is the fact that even those Saleen Inc. employees who've responded to this thread have pretty much confirmed that the company's intentions are to engage in a national promotional effort at the expense of its SoCal roots because said roots are no longer considered vital.

Admittedly as I've stated ad nauseum in past threads, it is important for any business to thrive by promoting the current & future products & thereby expand its customer base. However, marginalizing or otherwise ignoring those customers who have supported the company from its inception & the intrinsic relationship that support engendered is ultimately self-defeating as once that base of support is gone there is simply no way of ever reestablishing it.

Geez & here I thought I was the bitter, cynical old man on this site regarding Saleen Inc. :eek:

FWIW my personal opiinion about the decision to incorporate the annual Saleen show into the Fun Ford Weekend event merely epitomizes what Marcus, Robert, myself & others like us have been saying about Saleen Inc. for quite some time. To whit, the new owners don't give a rip about the heritage of the company or the enthusiasts who've supported it over the past 2 decades unless they can be exploited to promote the existing company & its products.

The beauty of the annual show being conducted @ Saleen's Irvine facility was that it was a relatively small, laid back show that allowed Saleen enthusiasts (both young & old) to hang out, meet new friends, greet old friends & generally enjoy a pleasant day in the shadow of the company's HQ.

The fact that Saleen Inc. has chosen to abandon that congenial atmosphere for the hustle & bustle of an impersonal mega-event like FFW demonstrates that promoting the brand (& I do mean "brand" in all its negative connotations) takes precedent over the desires of those of us who have faithfully provided our own personal promotion of the company & products created by Steve & Liz.

Equally illustrative is the fact that even those Saleen Inc. employees who've responded to this thread have pretty much confirmed that the company's intentions are to engage in a national promotional effort at the expense of its SoCal roots because said roots are no longer considered vital.

Admittedly as I've stated ad nauseum in past threads, it is important for any business to thrive by promoting the current & future products & thereby expand its customer base. However, marginalizing or otherwise ignoring those customers who have supported the company from its inception & the intrinsic relationship that support engendered is ultimately self-defeating as once that base of support is gone there is simply no way of ever reestablishing it.

Again, your content is top notch, and your opinions seem to be close to many of us, me included!:nice: