12.0 index

93tsiawd

Sep 9, 2010
South Jersey
hows everyone doing im new to site and I just got a mustang 88 vert. Here it is the newb question of the year...wondering what else I can do bolt on wise to get around the 12.0 at the track, hopefully without nitrous

my bolt ons so far
sub frame connector
4.11 auburn posi
t-5 in need of help(looking for tko)
e7's ported(tf twisted wedge on the way)
ported gt-40 intake
f-cam 1.6 ford RR and tf springs and push rods
not sure on comp but looking for 10.0(ill know after heads get here)
24lbs injectors, mass, cold air bbk,fpr set 40psi 255 pump
x pipe, dumps, longtubes, no cats,flowmaster mufflers
msd 6al,cap,coil
ignition timing 14
fpr 40
16inch wheels with mick t's et's
south jersey sea level
shifting 5200-5500 rpms

Im going to see how the heads do Im thinking Ill be around 12.4-12.5 on et streets

Just wondering if there are any other bolt ons, cam to better the heads, or tuning software I could knock a couple tenths off without breaking the bank, id like to run a local 12.0 index without using nitrous
thanks guys any info would be much appriciated:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You need a weight/power ratio of ~10lb/rwhp to drop the 1/4 mile ET below 12.0 which means you'd need 320rwhp in a 3200lb car (with driver). One side of the equation is to add more power and Clement's made some good suggestions. The other is to remove weight and it's pretty easy to drop 100lb off the car.

weight is an issue beuase id like to keep the car very streetable, im also looking to get lwr and upr adj. control arms and 50-50s i already have 4cyld fronts and stock backs (looking for eibach drag) and a more agressive cam and intake. If you guys have any sugestions with suspention set up id apreciate it.
also what size slicks on 16 inch 8 holes can I fit? running 4.11 gear if it make a differnce on tire height

with tfs tw's, the n41 cam, holley intake and tuning with a high mileage stock shortblock that combo is capable of 11.50s@116 in a 3000lb raceweight car. as me how i know. so getting it to run 12.0s in a 3400lb raceweight ragtop shouldnt be to big of a deal.

thanks for a nice combo, im saving up to get a intake and cam, and misc stuff for top end rebuild, also thinking about sending heads out for porting and new valves and springs to match the cam I end up going with, also need a rollbar they wont let me on the track without it.

if you get them from total engine airflow you can get them with the correct springs and ferrea 6000 valves. if you are going to look at porting them then just order some 190cc Fast as Cast TWs. either way, take em down to 58cc.

Ported the gt-40 intake lower, gasket matched to match the ported e-7's dont know the flow numbers I picked up, but it seems to be getting more cfm through it and helped out my tune(it was running a little rich before) and it feels a little stronger up top rpms. I Gotta make or buy a roll bar to goto track, but its lossing its nice street manners lol. I need to do rear supention and fresh tires asap. cant launch above 2500rpms without spinning my half used street radials. gotta take it easy 1,2,and chirping 3rd. I need to get some hp to the ground and I think Il be around 13.0 maybe better it feels healthy. Still looking for heads but Money is always an issue for me lol.