12/17/04 production numbers

• Sponsors (?)

I wonder how much that will drop considering the supply shortage with the IUP's. This is what a lot of people are now getting when calling the automated number.

As of 12/16 your order contains a compatability error. The order cannot be scheduled until the error has been corrected.

Stangfriik said:
I wonder how much that will drop considering the supply shortage with the IUP's.

WTF? :shrug:

How can the # drop, those 37,670 - 05 Mustangs are already built. The # can't go down unless Ford takes them back and sends them to the crusher.

351CJ said:
WTF? :shrug:

How can the # drop, those 37,670 - 05 Mustangs are already built. The # can't go down unless Ford takes them back and sends them to the crusher.

Yeah, it's not a monthly rate, it's total built so far. I even doubt the monthly rate will drop that much. They'll just move all the non-IUP orders to the front of the queue until IUP inventories come back up.

There was a lot of talk on the 'net about engine problems on the GTs around Job 1 date.

Now this IUP problem linked to rumors about the MyColor instrument panel legal issues

I saw a post here somewhere about the "unavailability" of option 18G which is the Interior Upgrade Package.

It's about the same here in central North Carolina. Lots of V6 cars compared to relatively few GTs.

Plus...

Ford just announced they had 60,000 dealer orders which doesn't include individual that have ordered one. I'll predict 200,000 the first year. I suspect many are waiting on the vert. (the last few years they've averaged 140,000)