12-sec Mustang under 2500?

• Sponsors (?)

If you are talking about getting a car and making it run 12s for under $2500, talk to the pushrod guys/gals. I highly doubt that you could get a car and make it run 12s for under $2500 with a modular engine. So check with the 5.0/5.8 guys/gals

rezeeb said:
I highly doubt that you could get a car and make it run 12s for under $2500 with a modular engine. So check with the 5.0/5.8 guys/gals

bobs-stupid.jpg

rezeeb said:
If you are talking about getting a car and making it run 12s for under $2500, talk to the pushrod guys/gals. I highly doubt that you could get a car and make it run 12s for under $2500 with a modular engine. So check with the 5.0/5.8 guys/gals

this is a video just for you!! a 98 gt with heads, slicks and juice doing 12.02!!!
and he let off the last 200 yards on the last race he would had gotten high 11's !!

98 gt doing 12's click here

you have no clue

rezeeb said:
I highly doubt that you could get a car and make it run 12s for under $2500 with a modular engine. So check with the 5.0/5.8 guys/gals

:notnice:

Gears, exhaust and tires for a Mach 1 :D

Shoot maybe Jackiechan will hit this thread up, he's got gears, exhaust, tires, maybe some other little stuff (not exactly sure) he's right on the door of the 12's and he's driving a heavy vert. :banana:

It can be done.........

ENGINE:
Steeda pullies and T/A $200 (used)
Mac o/r X-pipe $150
Flowmaster 40's $100 (welded in price)
K&N $40
Autolite 764 plugs $8
Cut away airbox $0

Drivetrain:
Frpp 4.10 gear and lube $175
UPR Blue Thunder shifter $125
UPR SFC's $60 (welded in price)
Axle tube and TB's welded $50

Suspension:
Fox-body 4 cly ft. springs $50 (new)
Fox-body V8 rear springs $10 (used)
Lakewood 90/10 struts $190
Remove ft swaybar $0

Wheels & TIRES
Centerline Convo Pros w/tires front $175 (used
Centerline AutoDrags rear $125 used
BFG DR's 275/50/15 $280 (new)

TOTAL: $1828

Most of the labor I did myself or with help from friends. :D

Jay

Well, which mustang are we talking about specificly here? 99+? Slicks, retard timing, run high octane gas, colder plugs, spray a 200 shot. Should be well under 2500 :p

yea its possible, actually not that hard from what i gather, theres actually an post on MD by bill putnam on how to build a 2v na 12 second car, and it looks really cheap, the setup isnt very practical for my car or id do it myself
Spike

rezeeb said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMGWTFBBQ??????????? Almost split my sides with that one! You gotta love the old "Modulars are expensive, get a 5.0L. LOL LOL LOL LOL "-type jokes. :nonono:

4.30s, suspension work, and common bolt-ons can do it, look at Mustang92 back in the day when he was running 12s and pushing a whopping 250RWHP.

Or do gears, cams, headers, upper plenum, a good tune and some DRs or slicks will do it.

Or as stated above, get some nitrous, sticky tires, and be done with it.

krly79 said:
Jason bought that back and is turning it into a full drag car. I just want to know what Jeff has in mind for his Lightning. :D

if he makes it back! he went down to florida AGAIN, this time in the lightning.
he is getting a 357 build for it already. and ofcourse he will be spraying :D

JayC said:
It can be done.........

ENGINE:
Mac o/r X-pipe $150
K&N $40
Autolite 764 plugs $8
Cut away airbox $0

Drivetrain:

Suspension:
Remove ft swaybar $0

Wheels & TIRES

Jay

Not to hi-jack a thread or anything, but I'm hi-jacking this thread :D Are you running the Blue Thunder? If so how do you like it. I really love the stick design, but want to hear some testimonials before I buy it.

krly79 said:
Not to hi-jack a thread or anything, but I'm hi-jacking this thread :D Are you running the Blue Thunder? If so how do you like it. I really love the stick design, but want to hear some testimonials before I buy it.

Yes the UPR Blue Thunder is a great shifter .... but for some strange reason mine wasn't blue at all :D

Jay

JayC said:
It can be done.........

ENGINE:
Mac o/r X-pipe $150
K&N $40
Autolite 764 plugs $8
Cut away airbox $0

Drivetrain:

Suspension:
Remove ft swaybar $0

Wheels & TIRES

Jay

Jay, that's incredible. You engine mods probably added only 20 rwhp, yet your are able to run a 12.8 quarter mile. Congratulations! What do you think is the greatest factor(s) in improving your time?